Janessa's Journal

Intro
Hi I’m Janessa - a 29 year old woman living in Toronto.

Why
During quarantine I have been working on my habits but even with careful daily habit tracking I’m struggling with staying disciplined. I want to do a water fast to for once an for all have some discipline in my life again. I am not new to water fasting, and I don’t know how long I will last on this fast but I am hoping for the best.

Long Term and Short Term Goals:
Long term I would like to reach my goal of 139 pounds. I’m 5’6 so to me this would be the perfect weight for me. My starting weight today is 165.2

In the short term I just want to feel healthier and more disciplined.

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
I’m pretty good during the day but during the evenings I struggle a lot with self control. No matter how healthy I eat in the day, night time comes and it’s a free for all. It’s a path I want to stop before it gets any worse.

** What is your game plan?**
I don’t know how long my fast will last but I am starting today, September 24, 2020. The longest fast I’ve done was 2 or 3 days I believe. I love fasting it makes me feel happy, healthy, clean and disciplined. So my plan is to listen to my body very carefully, drink at least 2L of water daily, and go on gentle 30 minute walks daily. Just love myself and do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

How do I feel right now?
I honestly feel horrible. I’ve been eating badly during quarantine (sugar, salt, fast food smh). I feel bloated, puffy, unhealthy, sluggish, stiff, tired and out of shape.

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
I can’t know for sure but I’m sure once I reach my goal weight I will be soo happy. I will feel like the very best version of myself! I won’t hold back due to being self conscious. My skin will be glowing and I’ll ring in 30 int he best way possible!

Daily Affirmation
I embrace the greatness within me. I will reach my goal by my birthday November 2020!

4 Likes

Broke my fast around 4pm with a home cooked keto meal (eggs, bacon, spinach) and drinking plenty of water. It’s now just after 5 and I feel good. Slowly starting to feel better again and like myself. I felt horrible at lunch but now I’m starting to feel healthier and the fasting effects coming in. It will take a much longer time to get to my peak but so far so good… small changes do add up. I’ve been meaning to read the Obesity Code by Dr. Fung, I need a good book on fasting/weight loss to motivate me and refresh my memory with certain things. At 165 I’m the heaviest Iv’e ever been and feel extremely horrible. I also started counting my calories again which should help… I’m just at my wits end and doing everything that has worked in the past. Now I just need to stick with it and be consistent and self-disciplined for the next 2 months, and for life.

1 Like

I love this !!! I identify myself in a lot of what you have said mainly struggling in the evenings, feeling horrible when eating sugar and fast food, having done some 2-3 days fasts. And of course, that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!!

I’ll be following your journey!!

PS: I’m also 5’6 with a current weight of about 160-163 lbs with a goal of 135 lbs.

2 Likes

Hi Sarah! We have so much in common. Thanks for posting. Let’s get it! :slight_smile:

Woke up today feeling better already. I did a 16 hour fast yesterday and even through it’s not the longest, It’s definitely helped with putting me on a good path. I ended up getting the Dr. Fung book - so far so good. I have to read it slowly as there are a few biology concepts. I just want to be at my healthy weight already but I’m embracing all aspects of the journey.

Today’s weight is 163.4 - about 23 pounds to go. It’s 1pm and I’m about to go for my walk. I’ve been drinking some water but not as much as I should by this time of the day. On my cycle and feeling a little irritable today. But I’ll get through it.

Today’s affirmation: I am powerful beyond measure. I will only accept thoughts (and therefore produce behaviours) which are aligned with my power.

2 Likes

Woke up with a terrible stomach ache this morning. Had to use the bathroom but stools were super dry nothing came out… went for a 30 min walk and came back tried again and everything came out… sorry if this is TMI lol but yeah I’m feeling super great.

Weighed in at 161.5 this morning. My digestion is finally back on track. I’ve been practicing positive self talk and it’s working. Love this journal as well I’m happy to have found a water fasting community.

My affirmation of the day: I am deliberate and afraid of nothing.

2 Likes

CW is 160.5 – listened to my sermons and Yasemin’s videos just getting my mind right for today and the week ahead. Finally on the weight loss train lol just a matter of sticking to it and keeping the effort up every day and staying strong. I woke up feeling AMAZING. I love water fasting so much and this is how I’m supposed to feel. Glad I started and I don’t want to stop until I reach my goal weight… roughly 20 more pound to go

1 Like

Did not sleep well yesterday. I’m sure my hormones are all out of wack due to lack of sleep so I need to be extra vigilant today. Early bed time for sure. Currently sipping on some green tea with lemon.

Ordered some clothes that are intentionally 2 sizes down I should be able to fit them at my goal weight. I tried on some old clothes and was mortified at how they fit. I refuse to accept weight gain as a normal part of getting older. I think I can change thing now in my 20’s to avoid it and fasting is one big part of that! And fasting also just helps with my overall self discipline.

Major BM today. Between today and yesterdays feeling a lot lighter already.

1 Like

@Yasemin can you please move my thread to the journal section? I posted in here my mistake!

Love water fasting! Times like this I don’t understand how I went without water fasting during the 6 months of quarantine, I mean it’s just not worth it. Once I reach my goal weight it’s gonna be a MUSTTT to do a regular fast… either a 3-day one monthly or a 24 hour one weekly. It’s not even about weight loss, it’s about self discipline, mental clarity and spirituality at this point.

Current weight is 159.8 - finally in the 150’s :smile:

1 Like

Moved it :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thanks Yasemin!

Today I’m feeling pretty good. Hot water with lemon has become a ritual in the mornings. I’m feeling like how I’m “supposed” to feel and it’s great. My digestion is amazing. My energy and mental clarity is up. Quarantine is boring and time is flying - might as well make it work for you not against you and reach your goals in it.

Can i also say how amazing Dr. Fung’s book is - the obesity code. So far I’m done part 1 and 2 and WOW. Everything I thought I knew about weight loss was a complete and utter lie. I mean I’m not that surprised, because of the fact that I’ve been on some variation of a “diet” since 2004 and I’ve still managed to gain weight during that time. So Yeah I’m pretty excited to keep reading and figure out how he recommends to balance our hormones and lose weight for life. I’m pretty sure He’s say fasting and eating more fruits vegetables and less carbs lol but we’ll see.

Today’s affirmation: I give myself permission to do what is right for me. I am confident in my ability to water fast. I feel proud of myself when I am able to discipline my eating via fasting.

2 Likes

Started my 3-day fast today. So far so good. It’s 1:30 and around this time I would have eaten by now. So yeah the challenge really begins now.

Update: It’s about 9pm and I’m staying strong. Have some cravings but nothing major. I’m seriously hydrated my pee is clear lol. Feeling good.

2 Likes

Day 2. Current weight is 159.0 pounds – feeling pretty good so far just drinking my water and minding my business lol. Not hungry at all. Slept well last night. This morning had a good BM, it was complete and my digestive system feels completely empty.

Today’s Affirmation: I give myself permission to do what is right for me. I make a difference in the world simply by existing in it. I love my ability to connect others. I am always headed in the right direction. I now choose to release all hurt and resentment. I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions. I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful!

1 Like

Day 3. Current weight is 156.8 – feeling pretty good for the final day of the fast. Drinking my warm water and just trying to stay positive. When I woke up I had bad breath/bad metallic taste in mouth which tells me I’m detoxing.

Today’s affirmation: Making up my mind about something is truly the “hardest” part. The whole universe encourages my goal.

2 Likes

155.6 today! today marks the end of my fast and honestly I could keep going water only. But I promised myself 3 days so I’ll keep up my promise! Have lots of juicy fruits waiting for me. Watermelon, cantaloupe, can’t wait! Super proud of myself for accomplishing the fast. Lost a good 5.7 pounds in three days :slight_smile: Amazing! And my digestion is better than ever. Very happy

Affirmation of the day: My mind is full of brilliant ideas. I am becoming closer to my true self every day. I am always headed in the right direction. I feed my spirit. I train my body. I focus my mind. It’s my time.

2 Likes

Affirmation of the day; I am work smart, I am kind, and I never give up.

2 Likes

Day one of my three day water fast.

3 Day Water Detox

Morning: Green tea, black coffee, 1.5L plain water throughout the day
Afternoon: Mint tea, plain sparkling water, pink salt water as needed
Evening: Dandelion tea, flavored teas/sparkling waters (unsweetened) as desired

Walk + Stretch daily.

I’m looking forward to doing my first extended fast in years. I don’t remember the last time I did a prolonged fast but I do remember it being a challenging experience and having good results from it. I love water fasting!

Affirmation of the day: I am committed to my own success, I am grateful for the many blessings in my life, I brush annoyances and distractions off quickly and easily.

2 Likes

Messed up, was not mentally all the way there for the 3 day fast – Made it to about 21 hours or so. Going to attempt a 48h fast instead. Currently drinking some black coffee hopefully it helps with my digestion. I love how I feel when I fast but being in the right space mentally is key. Water, coffee, tea and sparkling water during the day and might pick up some different sparking waters later after work. I find that working from home helps the day go by fast and keeps me busy so I don’t think about food so much.

I tried on some size 3 jeans I ordered from fashion nova lol - the blue pair fits and zips but I’m spilling out the top lol so def need to lose a good 20lbs before they’re actually wearable. The blakc size 3 pair fits but doesn’t zip at all. Motivation skinny jeans for the win. When I can wear those out and feel good that’s a NSV right there.

Today’s affirmation: I am allowed to acknowledge all that makes me human- I give myself permission to weep and to experience sorrow, to laugh or to cry, to make mistakes or feel failure, to grieve and to praise, and I will recognize my humanness and be submerged in all its glory. I will allow myself to evolve. I give myself permission to flourish into the best version of myself. I’m so happy and grateful that I’m on my way to reach 139 quickly and sustainably.

2 Likes

Starting my water fast. I don’t know how long it will last but it’s noon now. Feeling great. Feeling in my soul that I need to do a water fast. My body craves it!

Reasons for this fast:

• Reclaim self discipline
  • Lose a few lbs
  • Help digestion
  • Sleep better/deeper

Today’s affirmation: Behind every weakness I overcome is another level of success. I can, I will, I must!

2 Likes