Jae's First 7 Day Fast

OK, so this is the eve of my first water fast journey. I’ve fasted before a day here or there, intermittently, etc. but never a complete seven days. I’m trying this because I need to break my addiction to and habit of random eating. I need to reset my body because I don’t think I’m even functioning properly anymore. I honestly don’t know what hunger is and as a result my body is soft and sluggish. I need my energy back and I want to feel better about my appearance. I’ve got to hype myself up about this in preparation for tomorrow. Stay tuned…(and I mean that primarily to myself).

6 Likes

@ladyjnatl Congrats on getting started! Reading the books, watching the videos, and checking in the forum will come in very handy! :+1:

1 Like

@ladyjnatl Welcome to the forum!

Listen to your body, not your head which will try to sabotage you. Except when your stomach decides to growl. Drink a water and tell it to settle down.

Prepare for a week of focus on the goal.

3 Likes

Welcome! I am new here, and started my 21 day fast, and started fasting on Monday. What has helped me, is to watch the video, called , Posting Stickies (Fasting Stickies - Set up for Success)
I wish you every success.

2 Likes

@schmidtsmia Thanks for watching :smiley: You got this!!! Let’s go!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement. Day 1 hasn’t been too bad but I do miss cream in my coffee. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

@ladyjnatl ohh, I can’t wait to have a creamy coffee.

2 Likes

ME, too!!! I am telling myself, you will eat again, just NOT NOW!

2 Likes

It’s the start of day 3 and I’m surprised that I have more energy than yesterday. I felt so good I took a walk earlier and now I’m buzzing around taking care of this and that. I hope everyone enjoys the day and Happy Father’s Day to all the men out there!

2 Likes

Yes, I have enjoyed my day completely! I was floored yesterday, which was my 6th day water fasting that I felt like road-kill. It was horrible and I whined the whole day. And then…today, it is like 180 degrees opposite. How weird is that . It is all part of the process…I hope you enjoy your Sunday, too.

1 Like

“I felt like road-I’ll.

LMAO. You and @Miramar should get together and go on the road together.

1 Like

Hang in there!

It’s Day Four and all I can say is thank God for social distancing! At least I don’t have to explain the loud rumblings from my stomach since no one should be close to me. I have thoughts of things I’d like to have but I’m not feeling actual hunger.
Hope everyone else is faring well!

2 Likes

Dr Saatchin Panda of the Salk Institute says not to think of those stomach noises as rumblings from hunger but rather as healing sound.

3 Likes

It’s Day 7 and I feel really good. My family returned so last night was the first that I had to prepare dinner. I did that without issue - no temptation. I’m down 11 pounds!

I’m really giving thought to the way that I’ve thought (ok, or not thought) about food just consuming because - it’s lunchtime, I’m being social or I don’t want to be too hungry later. Conditions and habits that have to be reprogrammed. I’ve done a number on myself and this has been a good time to figure out how to reset.

I’m so grateful for the support of this forum. I wasn’t sure I could do it but now I’ve proven it to myself and I’m encouraged to go on a bit longer.

Thank you all and good health to you and your families!

4 Likes