It has to be done

I really want to do a 30 day fast but I just need to be consistent. I have all the knowledge in my head but being consistent is my problem. I’ve had so many day one’s which is so discouraging.

My weight is the biggest obstacle I’ve had in my life. When I think back to the things I couldn’t do, rides I couldn’t go on, clothes I couldn’t fit into, things I wouldn’t let myself do - they have all stemmed from my weight. I hate how my life is passing me by everyday, how I withdraw from things and don’t or can’t do things because of my weight.

I want to do fasts with refeeds in-between to lose all the extra weight.

It has to be done, I really want to enjoy this life and this is the major thing holding me back.

I would really appreciate everyone’s replies.

Truly - I don’t want to start a 30 day water fast tomorrow but it has to be done. It will be hard for sure but I hope and I pray I can do it because, as Paul Saladino says - I want to live a radical life .

3 Likes

Just wanted to tell you I could relate to everything you said. I joined in August and have done a 9 day water fast and a 5 day water fast (currently about to start day 6 of my 3rd fast)… in between I managed to learn to do OMAD and I cut out gluten. Dont get me wrong, definitely have had some gnarly binge episodes a few times during my OMAD meal BUT all this is teaching me it’s a process and all we gotta do is just get started … how about tomorrow fast for 20 hours, eat in a 4 hour window … that’ll be your start :slight_smile::four_leaf_clover: We can do this !!

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I’m glad you can relate to what I’m saying!
I’m a serial faster so I do IF every weekday (about 18 - 19 hrs) and I’ve done a 7 day fast. But like you said, when the fasting is over, a lot of the time it’s followed by a binge! I think the hardest thing for me is the desire to eat and not so much the hunger.
Good luck on day 6, I hope it’s going well.
I’m joining you now on my day 1!
We can do this!

1 Like

Update for day one:
So my family is freaking out, since I can’t hide that I’m not eating, everyone is say telling me that I need to eat etc. (I’m sure you all know what I mean).
So the compromise I made is IF and ketovore. I’m going to be doing, well I’ve done it today but 20 - 22hr fasts each day and mainly meat but some veggies too just for the flavour.
Really irritating but I guess it’s still progress. All I want is to stick with something so I just want to keep going with this!

3 Likes

I totally understand about the family pressure not to fast! After several fasts though, and some visible results mine have found it difficult to argue with. Now I just get “Are you fasting today?” But it was a process and I had to ‘fight’ against the urges that have told them and all of us that skipping meals is baaaaad. There’s still a little skeptcism from my husband but he admits that fasting is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Keep going, be strong, you’ve got this! Your health - your choices :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for you reply Michelle - I appreciate it!
Yeah it’s crazy how people think skipping a meal is sooo terrible.
Thanks for your encouragement, it really helped me. I will be strong!

1 Like

Day 2 Update:

I’m currently 19hrs into my 20 hr fast.
Today was good, I’m out every weekday so fasting isn’t really difficult during the week (except for Wednesdays).
What is difficult for me is what I break my fast with. Sometimes I start off great and then it goes downhill and I end up eating all the carbs.
I’m planning on breaking with mainly carnivore today. I just need to restrain myself and not eat everything in sight. I’m only going to eat once (it’s 6.25 pm right now).
Anyway I’m looking forward to check in tomorrow.

Free free to reply or give an update - the feedback is helping me. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

Go steady on your re-feed, I know the “eat everything in sight feeling” :smiley: But you CAN keep it under control :smiley:

1 Like

DAY 3
Hi everyone,
So first an update for yesterday, I made it to 20 hours and I broke well for the most part. I ate what I planned on eating but after I had a few carby snack.
My eating window is 1 - 2hrs by the way.
So I’m not happy about the self sabotage, that’s what it is. There is so much going on in my life now so I’m trying not to beat myself up but then also I need to put my foot down with myself (emotional eating is all I’ve ever know so I’m trying to unlearn all the years of deep rooted emotional eating ).

Plan for day 4 (tomorrow) -
There is an unexpected outing that I’m having with someone who I don’t see often at all. So I closed my fasting window earlier than usual today so I can get at least an 18hr fast in.
As far as food goes, I don’t know what that will be yet but I won’t (practicing being more assertive and saying I will or won’t do things) go overboard.

Thanks for the feedback, and goodluck to you who’s reading this!

Glad you understand Michelle!
I’ve been too lenient with myself so I’m looking forward to pulling in the reigns now because I want those results.

1 Like

You’re right not to beat yourself up. Gather yourself up and move on. I think you’re doing great btw!

1 Like

DAY 4
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.
Today I completed a 19 hr fast and my fasting window was 3 hours - longer than usual because I broke my fast when I was out with the person (she bought me a carby snack ) but then when I got home I ate a proper meal.
I just started up my next fast twenty minutes ago at 6pm so that’s early for me. By the time I eat tomorrow it will be a 23hr fast.

How I’m feeling:
You know, I’m feeling good, when I wake up, food is not my very first thought (I know it’s crazy to think but sometimes that is the first thought of the day). I’m starting to think about fasting less, when I wake up, I don’t think “I’m fasting”, I normally just hit snooze a few times then get up and start the day. So I’m happy with those subtle changes that needs thinking about to notice.
Also with the foods I’m craving, sometimes when people are eating sweet foods around me I crave those foods and I say to myself that I’m going to buy them (this is around 1.20pm) but when I go home at 4pm, although sometimes I still want them (the desire is less) but I’m finding that I’m craving none-sweet carbs more.

I actually consider that a win at this moment in time because sweets are my vice. So the fact that I’m craving them less is great. I think that even when I eat those carbs it teaches me a lesson because after I eat them I say “that wasn’t that nice”. For me, the taste of that food is NEVER as good as the thought of it - how I imagine it will taste.

With all that said, I’m looking forward to tomorrow. Sometimes I feel myself getting down about how much weight I have to lose and how long that may take but I need to give myself grace, I didn’t get to this weight overnight so it’s not going to disappear overnight. Anyway, I’ll talk more about this another day!

Thank you for everyone who is keeping up with me!

1 Like

Thank you so much, honestly!

That’s definately win now your cravings are reducing :smiley:

1 Like

DAY 5
Hi guys so today I completed a 22.5hr fast. I’m happy with that fast, I’m finding that as I’m closing my fasting windows early, the harder times for me is trying not to eat again before I go to bed and then also when other people are eating around me at 1.20pm the following day like I said before.

This week will be my first week of fasting consecutively for this particular journey that won’t stop, honestly my goal this week was to fast and do ketovore. But that isn’t how it happened for the week, life happens and it’s been tough some days with other aspects of my life but I’m glad that I stayed consistent. in terms of fasting.

But next week, I want to definitely reign it in. I want to eat food the nourishes my body only and I’m not going to try, I’m going to do it, like I said, it has to be done!
The sweet cravings are going away little by little.
I am not going to give up.

I bought a resistance band last week because I want to build some muscle just to get a little stronger some other reasons.

I’m not going to become complacent. I can do it and I’ll say that until I believe it!

1 Like

Hi @Siobhan_A! Ohhh I have a sweet tooth too. To the point where I think it is like a habit that I eat sweets after lunch and/or dinner, even though I’m full. I also understand the disappointment of eating a sweet that wasn’t that great after eating it! I love how you are discovering all these patterns and aha moments on your fasting journey. Keep it up and happy fasting! :four_leaf_clover: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for this comment, I appreciate it!
The weekend of last week was not the best, I won’t lie but I’m not giving it up!

2 Likes

DAY 10
Hi guys, It’s early in the morning of day 10 and because of Cindy’s comment, I decided to update.

I can’t believe it is day 10, the past weekend has definitely been like ‘two steps forward, one step back (maybe even two steps back)’.
I didn’t fast during the weekend and I ate carbs aswell. The difference between how I felt was so drastic - I’ve been so much more tired.

I fasted for 24hrs yesterday and I’m currently 11 hrs into my new fast.
I have to get ready for the day so I have to go but long story short, I need to do better, I know I can do better I just need to put it into action and think long term. Think about my future and what I’m working towards.

Have a good day everyone

2 Likes

Day 11
Today I fasted for 20 hours and I went to my first therapy session today. It isn’t about food but hopefully by sorting these other things out it will help me dial back the emotional eating and find a different outlet. I’m happy with the fast as usual but what I eat after is the issue, I want to break with ketovore until Christmas. LCHF is the food I crave but because it doesn’t give me that sugar high I think that’s why I go for the carbys foods after. That has to stop because my health is precious and I want to live an incredible long healthy life.

2 Likes

Hi @Siobhan_A! I can understand the re-feed frustration! Sometimes it takes a little time to figure out what works best for your body :slightly_smiling_face:. For example, I used to eat some kind of fatty beef with salad or super high fat meals (like only melted cheese and pepperoni). BUT right after those meals, I craved sweets like crazy! For my body, the ratio of fat/protein (and sometimes vegetables) had to be tweaked. When I tried salmon+salad or meatballs/cheese/zucchini “noodles”/mushrooms/olives or riced cauliflower/red pepper/ground turkey/cheese, then I did not have the same urge to carb binge. I wonder if maybe making some food tweaks and then journaling how you feel after meals, will be helpful? If you’re already doing that, then keep it up :clap:t3:! I truly believe you will discover your best food combinations. You got this! :100: :fire: :heart:

1 Like