Gabrielle’s Long Term Fast

Day 7 completed today. Ketones at 4.2. Completed 10,000 steps. No hunger feelings. Motivated to tackle the next 7.

3 Likes

Day 8. Things are going great. I watch a little of videos on YouTube for encouragement. The quarantine with covid has helped curve temptation as no one can meet up at a restaurant. :blush:. I have noticed my cup of coffee before my walk does 2 things, it causes a bowel movement (sometimes diarrhea) and it gives me extra energy for a long walk. I also have noticed my cup of white tea In the evening helps clear up the gross mess going on in my mouth right now. White tea has been shown to fight bacteria and plaque in your mouth. Here is a break down of what I have experienced thus far:
Day 1: normal bowel movements/ketones .2
Day 2: normal bowel movement/ketones .5
Day 3: diarrhea/ketones 1.3 and hunger pains
Day 4: no bowel/ketones 2
Day 5: no bowel/ketones 2.5
Day 6: bowel movement/ketones 3.2/period starts
Day 7: diarrhea/ketones 4.3/some acne and nose drainage
My main goal is weight loss and to conquer my lack of control around food. I want self discipline. I haven’t posted my weight or weight loss just yet as I have low self esteem but that is coming.

2 Likes

I still am having bm’s at day 18. I didn’t expect that. Years of bad behaviour I suppose😁

1 Like

Thanks for the details! I am also grateful that I don’t have to turn down nights of eating out! Do you walk everyday?

Hahaha how is this possible?! :scream:

2 Likes

Well, theories range from bits of old toxic fecal matter still coming off the intestinal wall(sorry!)…to it being dead cells from autophagy. The former seems more logical to me.

For me, having my daily cup of black coffee w/stevia in the morning and a herbal tea in the afternoon is good enough to stave off keto breath until the last 4 to 5 days of my 21-day fasts/

Yes, I have committed to walking 10,000 steps every day during my fast. I really don’t feel low energy and I feel very satiated. My body is definitely burning fat.

1 Like

Some more differences I have noticed, I feel cold, I wake up at 4 a.m. and I am tired by 9:30 and sleep well. During my walks I am sweating about a mile which seems unusual for me but I attribute it to detoxing. I also have a bit of a stronger odor under my arms which is also unusual for me. I also attribute to detoxing. I also already see a diiference in my skin dark spots fading which is great and I hope that clears up more through this journey.

Watch your energy levels closely; especially during detox. Detox can take up a lot of your energy. Don’t push it. Crank it back if you have to so you don’t over stress your body.

3 Likes

Good morning! I’m starting day 9 and going strong. My ketones are at 4.8 so I am in deep ketosis. Atophagy should be cleaning up all my junk. :wink:. I did have a bowel movement today. I haven’t weighed myself since day one of this journey. I am so curious to see where I am at. I have an unhealthy relationship with the scale so for my own wellbeing, I chose not to weigh myself until day 21. I’ve got 41 more days to go. Cheers to to the new me. :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

I’ve heard of the old decal matter, but didn’t think it would be after so many days! Lol Either way, better out than in!!

1 Like

I’ve noticed an increase in underarm odor, which is unusual for me as well. I went for a long walk yesterday. I’ll see if I can keep it up most days/when I’m not doing other exercise.

1 Like

And I thought I was done as I had no BM yesterday. Already today I’ve had 2 and lots there still. Go figure

Oh wow! I hope I continue to have movements throughout!

1 Like

Too be honest I do too. As well as cleaning out all the bad stuff, it relieves aching in my tummy

That’s true! My stomach was aching and I couldn’t lie on it, then I had a bm and the pain went away.

1 Like

@Tenax and @AshMo. I think this is good to share. I decided to share about bowel movements through my journey because I know I was curious and couldn’t find anyone else talking about it. My bowel movements are small but they assure me that it’s moving the junk out of my body. I’ve read diarrhea is common and only had one day of that. My bowel movements aren’t every day at this stage in the game but every other day which is still a good thing.

1 Like

FYI: During my 40-day I had my last bowel movement on Day 13. My last 2 21-days my last bm were on Day 5 and Day 3 respectively.

1 Like

This is day 10. Double digits! I haven’t weighed myself since the first day but I’ve gone down one pant size and my shirts are fitting looser. My face looks a little thinner. My niece and nephew asked to come spend the night at my house and I got chocolate cupcakes and Ice cream for them. I know Im In the zone because I wasn’t tempted by the grace God. It was a little difficult to explain to a 10 Year old and a 6 year old why I wasn’t eating but I just told them I am on a cleanse and I can eat tomorrow. I didn’t want to scare them with me explaining a fast. They were ok with the cleanse idea.

1 Like