Fast Up, Buttercup!

Alright, so here I am, I’ve done a few short-term fasts with my longest being 3 days. I’m currently on day 4 of a five-day fast. It has been suggested to me that journaling might help, but also to connect with others. So again, here I am. It isn’t easy for me because I’m a heavily introverted hermit, so…yeah…

When I started this fast I was 353lbs. Today, I’m 338lbs. I’ve been drinking a concoction of pink salt and apple cider vinegar to help with electrolyte depletion but also took a potassium pill because my legs were tingling/burning last night keeping me awake. What’s up with that? I’m in moderate ketosis according to the keto strip. I don’t feel as though I’m particularly hungry, but I have been thinking about what to eat when I break my fast. I’ve been having some headaches, but I think it’s caffeine withdrawal.

2 Likes

Today is the last day of my 5 day fast. 7:34pm Central time is the end of my longest fast to date. 336 lbs. I had a cup of coffee this morning and have been watching Keto and fasting videos most of the night. Headache is gone. I was feeling hungry about an hour ago, but that went away. I’m in full ketosis according to the almighty strip. Finishing the fast won’t be a big deal. What worries me, is that if I break my fast, I’ll go back to eating the way I have been, which isn’t good. Waking up and not eating was never a problem, but just like an alcoholic, I can’t have just one. So now I’m faced with the fear of eating. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Like