Fast through May

Hi!

I really need a buddy I can text a few times a day or check in with for a 2-5 min call daily to make this “real.” I would like to fast through the rest of May (12th-31st). I have fasted before and loved it first because of how powerful it made me feel and also because of the weight-loss. I just have had a hard time starting up again. But there are officially no holidays, birthdays, graduation parties, weddings, or anything involving celebration food on the calendar so I need to put the rest of May to work for me!

4 Likes

Good luck with your fast. I’m doing a 21 day fast until ~ 28th May - so if you need a fasting buddy let me know?

1 Like

I go with you

1 Like

30 Reasons:

1. Feeling in control of myself! I cannot control others; I can control myself.
  2. I don’t feel good at this weight–I need this change
  3. Training for BodyStep: I want to feel lighter and less jiggly doing step aerobics!
  4. Summer Clothes! Clothes are either too small and could also use an upgrade…why not fit back into the cute dresses I have AND get some new stuff.
  5. My skin could use the detox.
  6. I need to learn to endure more vs just give in at the drop of a hat.
  7. I know I am strong, I just want to unveil those muscles that are cloaked in a layer of fat.
  8. On muscles…when I lose weight my arms are the first reward. Amazing what ditching a little body fat does.
  9. I’m 41. I can either have a mid life crisis or do a few fasts and get to goal weight and enjoy life!
  10. Extended Family photos coming up in July.
  11. I like to surprise my husband, and he is going away for a week for work and I will put a big dent into my fast with him gone.
  12. More energy. When I have fasted before, that was one of the best benefits! I have SO much to do and need to turn into my own fasting, efficient superhero!
  13. Obviously I feel sexier when I am 120 or below.
  14. CANCER. Fasts are just so good at deep cleaning and for that reason alone I should fast periodically. It’s a preventative practice.
  15. The days go by whether I am fasting or not. I am committing to being in a different place mentally and physically 20 days from now.
  16. I can use the time I would be making, eating, cleaning up food for weeding garden and yard work.
  17. Green and White Dress
  18. Medallion Dress
  19. Seashells Dress
  20. Red shorts
  21. I will need new bras. :slight_smile:
  22. Swimsuits and not feeling so stuffed into them.
  23. Using the time to eat on other self-care: pedicure, reading, calling my sister
  24. When I fast I don’t fart :slight_smile: That’s always nice
  25. My face will look so much happier without the puffy eyes, extra weight and I will smile more and not shy away from pictures.
  26. I am tired of shying away from pictures. I have zillions of my kids but in photo record, there is hardly proof they have me as their mom!
  27. Faster up hills on the bike with the extra weight gone.
  28. I’m ready to turn a new leaf in my life and test my body and enjoy the results.
  29. I like to buck the trend of gaining weight as I age. Fasting is age-defying. :slight_smile:
  30. Me. This is something I am doing for ME. As a treat to myself I am getting a necklace when I reach goal weight range. I get to wear the necklace when I am in that range. Motivation to stay the course!!
1 Like

It’s so rewarding today to see some color on my keto strip. I made it, I got a lot done weeding in the yard and splitting plants to cover. Whew!

1 Like

Made it. Day 2 nearly down.
It’s really helping to be super busy. Not a lot of garden work today but finishing paint in kids’ bathroom and painting storm door.

I normally work out daily, but have been so busy projecting I am ok that I didn’t do an official workout the last two days. I teach BodyPump tomorrow and judging how I have felt today I am confident I will be fine. :slight_smile:

3 Likes