Esby’s Rock n’ Roll to My Goal

Hiya!
On the 14th of February I returned to fasting and keto after a long hiatus. I’ve done IF, keto and short fasts. I actually lost 40lbs that way and kept it off for over a year. Then came the break up! High carb food and ice cream swooped on in to comfort me. I’m grateful for their help but I don’t need them anymore!
I didn’t gain it all back, but I did gain most of it back.
Over it!! I did a 4 day fast, starting on the 14th, ate keto for 2 days then another fast. I’m in the middle of day 5. I plan to push it to 8!
Total loses, including my the time before my Initial weight loss:
SW: 178 (I’ve been 185)
Made it to 138 then started up an affair with ice cream sundaes and taters.
-Gained 27lbs
-Lost 5
-Feb 14th-@160 got back on the fasting bus
And am now 148.8!
GW: 120 which puts me right in the middle of my normal range.
I have a very small frame at 5’ 3”
My doctor and I decided that I have gone from obese to overweight. I’m almost in my normal range! Those online weight charts are very general. A body scan is a much better indicator for BMI than going by weight. My results were very different from the online charts.

Anyway, weight loss isn’t the only reason I am fasting. I have a fatty liver (not good!), sleep apnea, arthritis, panic disorder/Cptsd (I have found that fasting has been the most effective treatment for Cptsd symptoms and anxiety!! It’s amazeballs!! There needs to be more research done on fasting and mental health Yo!), and I keep hitting things with my big bootie! My butt is a danger to me and possibly to others.
There ya have it! Even with some major setbacks, I’m still on a descending trajectory overall.
P.S. reading everyone’s posts has been very inspiring to me! Thank you all!

5 Likes

Omg !! You are so funny ! I literally laughed my ass off on the butt comment … ok please keep posting, you are so entertaining!! :laughing:… ALSO of course, I wish you luck on your fasts, you got this my friend !!! :+1::four_leaf_clover::bouquet:!!

3 Likes

Yay!! I surpassed my goal of 5 days!! Day six now! :smiley:
I feel much better than yesterday. Still no hunger, so I feel confident that I will make it to the morning of day 7 at least.
I like to play a little trick on myself. I start my fasts late in the evening. So by the time I reach my goal, it’s already bedtime. So I go to bed which ensures that I will, at the very least, surpass my goal by however many hours I sleep. So, I will be going to sleep by the time I complete day 6and will make it to the morning of day seven. Taking it one day at a time.

2 Likes

Oh wow, you are already on day 6 now? :clap::clap::clap:

That was yesterday. I’m refeeding in preparation for my attempt at the 30 day March fast. The strangest thing is happening. I am not hungry at all and I can only take a few bites of food before my body says “Hell no”! And the food I am eating isn’t stimulating hunger. Everything looks so good and delicious, but my body is almost repulsed by food. Guess my body is REALLY needing a fast. That’s cool, I guess. Very strange though. Have you or anyone else experienced that?

Awesome :clap:

I would have just continued, especially since you are feeling good right now! But can also totally relate to wanting to start on Monday

I’m 85?hours in right now, day 4 for me and I am going to just continue into the March challenge. But that is also because I have no time to waist at all​:confounded::confounded:

2 Likes

Wonderful! I should have kept going, but I actually got a little freaked out when I saw the challenge and for some reason thought I should eat beforehand. I could have easily kept going.
Oh well. I’m so ready for March first!

3 Likes

Completely understandable!

Also, we each may have different goals. I’m not really bothered by completing 31 days, or fasting the whole of March. The challenge just came up and it seems nicer to share experiences with people who are in the same position :clap::clap:

A whole month is a long trip! I’ve only lasted 5 days at the most for now, so this id going to be a big challenge

I still have a long way ahead of me, gotta get out of all those red numbers so each fast is a good one :pray:t3:

3 Likes

I gained only 3lbs on my re-feed. Not too shabby since that makes 8lbs down in about a week!

3 Likes

That is absolutely fabulous!!

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

How are you doing??

Im doing great! Looks like you’re doing amazing! Thanks for asking. :upside_down_face: just finished day6 and am now going sleep off the first 8 hours (hopefully) of day 7. I have officially broken my fasting record tonight!

2 Likes

I am so happy that I have broken my record!! 12lbs down from March 1! I can see clavicles! My bowel issues are nonexistent and other body pains are gone. It’s so nice to have a break from IBS. AMAZINGLY, I took a big dump yesterday!! I wonder how much that contributed to the 12 lbs. haha.

3 Likes

Absolutely fabulous!!!

Keep at it!! You got this! :clap::clap::clap:

I :heart::heart::heart: Your support and positive attitude!

1 Like

I keep forgetting to post here. I’ve been posting in the March madness group.

Yesterday was a bit rough. Cravings all day. I could feel my sneaky side trying to convince me to eat a bacon cheeseburger. But then I remembered my goals and the fact that I can now feel my bony prominences! I forgot I had a skeleton!
Also, if I ate a cheeseburger right now, I would probably keel over.