Ending every month with a 7 day fast, before and after stats!

Okay so I did a week fast back in December. Those stats are on a different journal. But here are the starting stats for January:

BP: 136/76
BG: 114
Symptoms: headache and excessive sleepiness.

Day 2: starting
BP: 134/70
BG: 104
Symptoms: bad breath, slightly dizzy, super cold.

Day 3: starting
BP: 124/69
BG: 94
Symptoms: bad breath, headache, stuffy face. Cold like symptoms. Yay me.

Day 4: starting
BP: 139/78
BG: 78
Symptoms: Bad breath, feeling great

Day 5: starting
BP:
BG: 70
Symptoms: Bad breath, head ache again, racing heart.

Day 6: starting
BP:
BG: 75
Symptoms: bad breath, feeling great!

Day 7: Starting
BP: 145/79 (at least the bottom number is good)
BG: 75
Symptoms: bad breath of course. Otherwise feeling pretty good, and I’m extremely happy with my results so far!

Day 7: results
BP:
BG: 70
Symptoms: bad breath still. Otherwise great

It seems my body composition changed a little overnight, or my scale is confused. One of the two.

Morning after refeed results:

Still really happy with my results

BG: 104 not happy with this.

1 Like

Starting bp: 134/76
Starting glucose: 114

1 Like

Love it. Numbers!!!:grin:

1 Like

I feel like numbers give others a real visual representation of what to expect, I didn’t have that last round for myself. So I’m making it for others. Lol

1 Like

There are soooo many ways to measure success.

1. Are our clothes becoming loose.
  2. Are we being complimented more out of happiness or jealous, they both work.
  3. Are we spending less at the grocery or at the restaurants.
  4. Is it easier to get up and down stairs.
  5. Can we breath easier
  6. Are we noticing ourselves getting a tan or surprised by a slight sunburn from being in the park
  7. Are we becoming optimistic
    On and on and on.
    :grin:
1 Like

Agreed, the clothes thing has been especially great this time. I’m back into my hoodie from highschool and I’m happy about it. And my Halloween costume is too big now :rofl::rofl::rofl: I love it!

Had to buy new watch bands mine are slipping all the way around my wrist.

I was also able to get my wedding band on again, granted wayyy too tight but it went on. I have hope that I’ll actually get to wear it again before getting back to a “normal” weight

1 Like

Wonderful post

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Day four:

Went on a mile walk :slight_smile: feeling great!

2 Likes

Still not sure why my muscle is decreasing, but I guess it makes sense because I have more fat and muscle than my body needs, even if I’m losing fat because I lose muscle the fat percentage will stay about the same. I wish the scale would scan fat pounds not percentage.

1 Like

Today was a very busy day for me so it’s been pretty easy. I wore jeans for the first time in nearly 3 years! It’s great!!!

2 Likes

Having broth today probably just once to start my refeed. Tomorrow will be three times, Tuesday will be typical meals again.

This fast has gone extremely well, results better than I expected even! Which puts me on track for my goal! I think I can make 45 lbs happen by may!

After broth blood glucose was still 74 so no spike this time. My face is now very red and my tummy feels not so happy. But I know that’s typical refeed feelings. Just digestion starting up again.

Only symptom I really had after the broth was constant hunger. I fought it off though.

1 Like

Today having three cups of broth excited to see how that effects my glucose if at all. I know I’m super happy with my results even if I don’t lose any more weight this fast. Keto refeed means I won’t regain it at least. Other than food weight of course. Typically within two pounds or so. Either way I’m super close to my goal for February already. 12 pounds away, then I’ll be doing another week long fast at the end again. It’ll be worth it!

1 Like

74 blood sugar!!! Have you ever seen numbers like that before? I don’t even know what that’s like!
I swear, I read your posts and I feel like running a mile. I shouldn’t wait for it to be dark, cold, wet, and bedtime to read your posts. Heck, I’m standing up doing deep knee bends while writing this. I kid you not.

1 Like

I’ve seen those number that low on extended fasting, but never on eating days. My goal for eating days, 2 hours after meals, is 85. Then I’ll know I’ve recovered from my insulin resistance (i.e. obesity)

Thank you so much for reading and commenting, that helps keep me encouraged too!

Lol keep up the knee bends!

1 Like

Over all that was a really awesome fast! I felt good majority of the time other than a few rough starts. Probably from some sort of lack of sleep. But it was nice all the same. And I lost wayyy more weight than I expected to. I’m very happy and so so glad I’m keto because it means no regain during refeed.

I apparently don’t enjoy salty food. I’m upset my fast breaking meal was a let down. On the bright side my coffee is amazing after first meal, 30 minutes, BG 80

Glad to see that that didn’t last, I had soup, wings, and a keto wraps with peanut butter, I probably ate more than I should have. But I don’t feel horrible. Just a little full. BG immediately after meal 97.

3 hours later 123. Smh. My head is pounding. Too much glucose in my blood. I don’t feel good.

I felt better. I ignored my body and ate dinner. I’m crazy. And my tummy hurts. I really didn’t over do but I guess my stomach has shrank. Cause I am FULL.

1 Like

Are you a believer that some foods are less “allergenic” to each of us, therefore we should measure our glucose after each to figure it all out?

1 Like

I very much am! I haven’t gone that far yet, but something I had for lunch definitely did it. I did however have better results for dinner than I previously thought. Blood sugar is now 97. So within normal range.

If I had to guess I’d say it was the keto wraps. Because I had berries and everything with dinner and feel just fine. So no wraps for me anymore…

The weight loss will be worth it though.

Well I guess that marks the end of this thread. I’ll do a new thread the last week of February to log that progress. Today I weighed in at 208.7 so refeed is going well. I’m happy. The end :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like