DJ’s fasting journey

Hello,
Here I will document my fasting journey.
I’m attempting a 21-25 day fast. Hoping for 10ish lb fat loss. I’ve got lots of exciting things coming up to motivate me and I have a little time off of work.
Let’s do this!

1 Like

Day one today. Feeling pretty good, no hunger. I’ve been thinking about food, the usual “just eat today and start your fast tomorrow” thoughts that come on the first day of an extended fast.

I’m going to the beach later with my sister. She doesn’t know I’m fasting. Hoping that I’m strong against all temptation.

1 Like

Made it through the beach day without food. I was offered some cherries and cucumber with hummus. I was a little tempted to sneak a little cheat, but experience tells me it’s never just one little thing. That one thing makes it ‘okay’ to eat, and before you know it I’m usually stuffing my face. I’m so glad I’ve finally been able to recognize this pattern. No cheats, no matter how small.

I slept ok last night except for some reason my cat was headbutting me all night.

Today is another day, another social temptation. My MIL is supposed to come over. She doesn’t know I’m fasting. I hardly have ANY food in the fridge, I hope she doesn’t peak or she’s going to be suspicious. I hope she doesn’t bring food. I hope she doesn’t even come inside really but if she must…. Please don’t open the fridge!

1 Like

Goodness the food cravings are strong today. I put together a fantasy UberEats order for my favourite cafe then closed the app. I’m going to take a nap to try not to think about food and hope when I wake up I can be productive. Or maybe I’ll just have a coffee. It’s one of those days where I can’t do anything and all I can think about is food. I have so much to do!!!

1 Like

Day 3 today. So far feeling ok. I dyed my hair yesterday. And today I walked for an hour to pick up cat food. I spent the rest of the morning cleaning, and I feel pretty good! So tempted to break my fast today and have a clean “21 days” but I’m in ketosis.

Story time. This time around it had taken me a few tries. The furthest I got was 88 hours or so. One time I was absolutely tortured over wanting a lamb burger. I literally spent half the day trying not to think about it. Part of my food addiction is wanting to try everything and not missing out. I kept telling myself the lamb burger will be there when I’m done my fast. But this day I couldn’t take it anymore. What if it’s NOT there when I’m gone my fast? I broke my fast and had that delicious burger. Generally when I have a strong enough craving it’s better for me to just eat the damn thing instead of obsessing over it then eventually binging on it. Yesterday I was fantasy browsing the restaurant and they’ve discontinued the burger! I’m so glad I had it when I did, I don’t think I would have ever forgiven myself. Anyway I have some cravings, nothing major. I hope the things I want are still there when I can eat again.

1 Like

I broke my fast today. I had about 1200 calories. I’m restarting right away, going for 21 days.

1 Like

All the best @Deluja, you can do this.
I am on day 2, of a 10 day fast. Hopefully, I will make it this time lol.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support. I’m not giving up! I just deleted UberEats. I spent half the day browsing and making fantasy orders. Not a good idea while fasting!

1 Like

I agree, if it is a temptation it’s best to get rid of it for the duration of the fast. Well done. I am approaching the end of day 2. Let’s do this :muscle:t5: :pray:t5:

1 Like

Day 2 today. I saw a number on the scale that I have seen in years. That’s all the motivation I need to continue.

Energy levels are ok but holy smokes my desire desire for food is strong.

I have a love hate relationship with fasting. I love losing weight and looking better, I even like the feeling of being hungry sometimes. But the cravings make me want to die. I know when this is over I’ll be proud of myself. But I feel like I’m denying myself life.

I’m starting to feel like I don’t really know how to eat properly. I eat just because I can and I can fit the calories into my day. When this is over I’m going to stop obsessively calorie counting and try to be intuitive about it.