D4N13l'5 f4571ng (Fasting) Log

Greetings and salutations from myself to myself, as a friendly affirmation of my mind to my future self (even in the event of time travel, just send a subtle hint only you (I, me) would understand at a unique date to prevent a paradox and butterfly/chaos theory).

My goal for this specific fast is to initiate a 31 day of duration water fast that will allow for the following substances as needed:

Permitted substances:

-Water (at least 67-82 ounces per day, avoid dry fasting due to the dangers associated with severe dehydration)
-Coffee, black, no additives (New England Brand flavored coffee is preferred, but strong black classic coffee in the morning is acceptable)
-Herbal teas; yogi brand is preferred, specifically vanilla spice, caramel apple, or lemon zinger flavors.
-Caffeine; the chemical formula is C8H10N4O2. Always limit the intake of caffeine and do not go over the personal limit/maximum of 810 mg per day. Attempt to have 180 mg as a moderate value per day while fasting, unless there is a significant need for caffeine induced energy to face a deadline or remain awake.
-Vitamins and minerals: Sodium is to be avoided. Potassium and Magnesium are acceptable vitamins for this fast, combined with an optional B complex vitamin that has no sugar (non-gummy form). NOTE: vitamins may cause some gastrointestinal distress after day three, attempt to achieve a minimal substance addition in the form of vitamins unless urgently needed near the end of the fast. YOU SHALL ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL, future self.

Goal for this fast: last 31 days of duration, breaking my previous record of 21 days of duration and fasting for an entire month of duration. My primary goal is to reap the plethora of health benefits associated with fasting, but also the side effect of weight loss.

Preparation: I have been practicing intermittent fasting combined with a high protein ketogenic diet and strength training to gain muscular mass over the few months when not fasting (I usually add 1-5 day fast in a given week). I have gained muscular mass and therefore raised my BMR due to dense muscular tissue and mitochondria. Fat loss will result in this fast, along with some minimal (acceptable) muscle losses. I have psychologically prepared myself for this extended fast and am confident in my headspace being perfected for this goal.

Why:

I am fasting for the product of ketone bodies, the body and brains superior fuel source, and BDNF (Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor) for even further advancement of my brain and mind. I have tempered, tested, and built my willpower as an experienced individual with fasting. Norepinephrine is another neurotransmitter produced by fasting and exercise. The anti inflammatory properties of autophagy shall also boost my health even further. I have completed a significant quantity of research on fasting and have even written a detailed research paper on the subject, covering the science behind fasting to the molecular level to the psychology and mentality of fasting.

I shall achieve this goal and my goal weight so that I can actually be happy in my accomplishment, accountability, willpower, endurance, intelligence and mental will all put into the fascinating and rejuvenating experience that is fasting.

(Previous comment on a Fast Forward to Health video, shortened to relevant sections for this journal as an inspiration and personal part of my story)

"My fasting journey began on the date of November 29, 2018 and I initiated thorough, meticulous research into the subject of fasting as well as the side effects, benefits, and my overall goals. I then decided to conduct research on myself (as in experiment with fasting) via fasting due to bio individuality, as each individual does indeed experience a different result and effect from fasting procedures and literally almost everything with a biological basis and related stimuli (in this case, the stimulus was fasting, the total abstinence from food/culinary dishes or sustenance other than water).

— Just as an additional intriguing fact, water can also be referred to as dihydrogen monoxide from the chemical formula H20.

I fasted for a total of 14 days of duration (2 weeks) combined with vigorous exercise and was able to lose 30 pounds, followed by ingesting something at the peer pressure of my family who were unsupportive but understood my reason for fasting without deeper support nor a deeper level of comprehension. I then fasted for another 7 days of duration followed by setting a schedule of fasting for 4-5 days of each week, decreasing to 3 days of duration per week on March 21, 2019.

My family was unwilling to change their viewpoints and aspects and still have yet to do so to this very day, hence the reason that I required to come to the deduction to remove all negative factors from my life and environment to promote productivity, positivity, and maximum benefit of my decisions with the primary focus on my mind and brains optimal functioning. Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factors, more commonly known as BDNF, is produced as a result of fasting and aerobic exercise. Additionally, cortisol is produced as a result of stress, hence I required to eliminate the stress factors and promoted such a beneficial journey that I have continued regular fasting even to this day.

Fasting has allowed me to become far more attenuated and insightful as to my physical body and has brought me significant impact and motivation that pulled me from a deep cycle of depression. I was able to commence the processes of improving my state of mind. I experienced (and still am experiencing) a transformational, insightful, and enlightening experience as a result of fasting and applying my accumulated knowledge "

Positive affirmation:

You are perfect, you are the embodiment of intelligence and willpower, you shall succeed, failure is NOT an option at any point, you will achieve every single goal that you have set for yourself in your mind, ensured by your mind. The power is within you to succeed! YOU SHALL ATTAIN YOUR ULTIMATE GOAL! No excuses! Set variable to in progress, continually calculate until your goal is comparable to reality shattering research leading to the Nobel prize that is your sound body and mind.

I shall succeed, I shall conquer my goal, I shall pursue this lifestyle that I have made so efficiently for myself, and I shall make a new record for my body and mind!

2 Likes

Day 1:

Today is the first official day of fasting, and I am a total of 11 hours and 15 minutes of duration into this fast. I have experienced no hunger whatsoever and am to make it past the first three days of duration, the hardest part of the journey that shall be overcome by my will and applied techniques for fasting. Day 2 will likely be the peak of hunger as per usual, but I shall overlook this by hyper charging my productivity even further than usual. Perhaps I shall write a few essays or solve some puzzles, complete additional research, assist others with advanced Calculus problems, or another similarly aligned task intellectual stimulation. I shall succeed and I will further pursue my fasting lifestyle. Just a reminder to myself and anyone reading this post, you SHALL succeed in every goal you have set for yourself!

My fluid levels are regulated at the moment and may create some water with Bragg’s apple cider vinegar with the mother (I have also adapted to taking a single tablespoon dose of the ACV).

My starting statistics:

-Starting weight: 132.2 pounds (with 16.9 ounces of fluids, base weight being 131 pounds and a deviation of +/- 2 pounds

Day 1 positive affirmation

Day 2:

I am officially 34 hours and 20 minutes of duration into this water fast. I did not intake my required quantity of water as of yesterday due to being too busy and focused on my assignments, tests, and exams. Today is another exam intensive day, as is the entirety of the weekend, but this shall likely be positive and give me immediate tasks to complete on a deadline requiring my mind to be hyper focused even more than usual. I have experienced no hunger whatsoever thus far and am confident in my ability to complete this fast full steam ahead. However, I did experience cephaligia very intensively (9 out of 10) for 1 hour and 30 minutes of duration near 4:00 PM yesterday during day 1, but rested to recover. Less physically intensive exercise will be done today. I moved two large couches into my living room up a flight of stairs yesterday and caused the further physical exertion. I shall intake more tea, coffee, and water today to meet my 67 ounce minimum requirement (preferably more). Day 2 is gliding by thus far.

1 Like

Day 2 positive affirmations.

I have just completed and exam and overcame the mental hunger and message before the exam to ingest something and performed quite well due to keeping my body in fasting mode.

Day 3- October 3, 2020

Greetings to myself again! I have successfully overcome day 2 of fasting and avoided a few strong cues and suggestions of others for me to ingest something. No one else has noticed my fasting procedure thus far, and I am quite relieved due to the immensely negative responses that I have received in the past for taking the logical steps to improve both my mental and physical health. I am officially 56 hours and 18 minutes of duration into my fast and my 15 hours and 42 minutes of duration from officially completing my third day of fasting. Today shall likely be the most arduous based on my past experiences with fasting, and after I transcend this barrier, I know for a fact that I can physically endure not ingesting anything (expecting for water and other low to no calorie fluids such as tea) for more than 21 days of duration. 21 days of duration is my previous record that I intend to break and remake! I can succeed and I shall achieve my desired goal of much improved health, both physical and mental. 90+% of this journey shall be purely mental and paycholgial in nature.

1 Like

Hey,

Your already fasting like a pro!!! Seems like you have all the knowledge in place. Its good to keep the fast private until you really need to talk to anyone about. Sometimes family can be the biggest obstacles… I am going through that and it sucks… Most people are get shocked and crazy about it. Hats off to you for taking exams in the initial few days of the fast. I am positive you will succeed in this venture. Please keep us updated on your journey!!

1 Like

Day 3- October 3, 2020

IMPORTANT NOTE and UPDATE:

I shall require some additional encouragement so as to initiate the processes refraining from ingesting anything at a family event as of tommorow. My family will likely be expecting me to ingest something and they have recently purchased items that I usually ingest (ketogenic, gluten, sugar, and GMO free) for said event as of tommorow. I shall likely require a ruse or evasion of some sort to be able to overcome this obstacle that is could be potentially damaging to me plan. I shall not subcome to peer pressure and I will not be forced against my will in ANY way, shape, nor form whatsoever. The only way that my fast is going to be broken is in the event that I am physically restrained and held down with others attempting to force feed me, and even then I would resist and reject all culinary items due to the importance of this fast. My dilemma shall be hiding the fact that I am fasting from the others in my family. None of them shall be ob board with my fasting process due to refusing to see the logical and immensely extensive research behind fasting. Hope’s for the best thus far. Any and all support would be appreciated!

Greetings and salutations, Maga! Thank you for demonstrating your support and for your compliments and encouragement. We shall remain true to our goals! Happy fasting and cheers!

I’m generally against lying but in this case it might be for the best. Firstly, show lots of gratitude for the thoughtfulness they put into considering you and your dietary wants. “Oh! Person XYZ thank you so much for getting my XYZ. It was extremely thoughtful of you! However, my tummy is a bit upset today and I think I’ll skip all these goodies.” If the foods they purchased for you are perishable (and you know they won’t eat them) ask if you could take them home in a goodie bag to show respect. Otherwise ask them if they could save the products for your next visit.

1 Like

Greetings, Kristy! Sadly, my family would know that I am fasting due to knowing that I have practiced fasting in the past (in their minds, as I still actively practice). I have already been through those instances when I first began my fasting journey. Interestingly, I already had the instinct to thank them for their concern and reassure them that I was quite alright and presented my research findings to them, but they disagreed and continue to do so, not wishing to consider or respect my practice of fasting as backed by science. Thank you for your reply and advice given thus far, as I can see how such could assist those in similar predicaments. Kudos to you and good luck on your fasting journey!

This might not be appropriate for your situation but I find it best to shut down conversations immediately. I use this with anything- I don’t have any uncomfortable situations about fasting. “Thank you person x for your concern. It means a lot knowing how much you care for me. However, I have found this lifestyle rewarding and I feel wonderful. I respect that you do not agree but I do not want to talk about this topic again.”

If boundaries are an issue restate: “I will not talk about this subject. If you bring it up again I will (some sort of consequence like: leaving etc.)”

1 Like

I can elabate to them that I am on a clense or a specific diet to make up some of my deficiencies, which is technically codified as true. I despise lying and being dishonest, however, and if asked directly I may not be able to deflect and would honestly answer. Another option is to claim intermittent fasting and make it seem as if I have ingested something earlier or having fluid in an enclosed, non transparent mug to seem as if it is protein powder or a specific blend for health (simply being water in this case).

Day 4- October 4, 2020

I have officially fasted for more than 3 days of duration and have thus broken the first most barrier and am preparing for the one ahead as of today. I shall note that no matter what occurs, I shall have my plans align with my goals at almost any cost. I wish to break my previous record and reap the myriad of benefits associated with an extended fast. I shall succeed and do indeed need to continue. If I experience any severe symptoms on this fast, I shall likely break it and attempt to resume afterwards, but have hope that this shall not occur. After day 3, there will be 2 additional barrier for me, the first being physically unwell and the second being a psychological message to ingest something to prevent the unwell feeling or from others knowing infamy fast. Luckily, I have tmeorre myself significantly on the second barrier, but cannot prevent the first barrier without taking supplements (and even then there is no 100% guarantee, hence my concerns).

Day 4 statistics-

Weight: 126 pounds
Energy level (out of 10): 7
Hydration goal: 72 fluid ounces
Goal (acceptable) weight ranges: 105-115 pounds
Ultimate goal: reaping the plethora of health benefits of fasting and boosting levels of BDNF, NGF, norepinephrine, and ketones whilst lowering production of cortisol.

1 Like

Day 4 positive affirmation

Day 5- fast terminated.

I have been experiencing symptoms of a viral and have had severe pressure on my temples and back most region of my head. Furthermore, nausea was ever present and a slight fever. I shall be ending this fast for health reasons, and will likely re integrate into the process after a re feed has occurred. Fasting in immensely beneficial and may assist with this, however I do not wish to risk such. My caloric intake will remain at 648.5 calories or less per day of re feed. I will be ingesting miso soup, which has a total of 40 calories and 520 milligrams of sodium. I shall overcome this severe depression that has set and and move evermore forwards.

1 Like

Take care… If the symptoms persist please go to a doctor… Good call on ending the fast due to viral symptoms. That was of my criteria to end
my fast too. hope you feel better!

cheers
maga

2 Likes

Greetings and salutations again! I have been using intermittent fasting, exercise, and OMAD throughout October and am no longer experiencing symptoms of a viral. I shall begin fasting for this month again and have a goal of 7 days of duration! I am currently 18 hours and 38 minutes of duration into my fast. I SHALL SUCCEED IN MY GOALS!

2 Likes