Conclusion: FAIL--test 2--The New Normal-- 48-hour experiment

Starting weight is 160.6
Starting Blood Pressure is 101/72

Why am I doing this THIS TIME:

My ideal body, which admittingly is hard to know with certainty, is between 150 and 145. My plan is to reach this !!NEW NORMAL!! thru fasting.

Fasting Type:

I’ll try the 48 hour fast, 24 hour refeed. My limited experience with this tells me what you put on in 24 hours comes off in 2 days fasting and then some.

Starting position:

Yesterday I just came off the longest fast of my life. 8.5 days. As such the desire to eat has not returned to “normal”. And this “normal” desire to eat might be my biggest problem with food anyway.

Expectations:

I ate yesterday and put back on 2.4 lbs. I awoke to a 160.6 weight. I expect this weight will drop off rapidly in 24 hours and I will achieve 1 pound weight loss at the end of my second day of fasting. My weight at the end of the 2 day fast should be 157.2. Let’s do this!!

Day 1 recap

Bizarre results. Weight went UP⬆️. ON A FAST!!
Weight: 161.4
BP readings late in day to early: 124+126+120+104+117
+101
Here’s my hypothesis: I gained weight because I had a very active workout. The refeed and good sleep made me want to tear it up at the gym. This released even more insulin into the blood, which retains water. AND I took two salt packets so I don’t EVER get caught feeling like I got low blood volume again.
You can see in my BP readings that my pressure steadily increased after the workout. But I like those low readings. I hope I get back to them.

Conclusion: Failure.

If I thought 2 days of fasting after 1 day of Binge eating would result in further weight loss…

I WAS WRONG.

So this morning weight: 159.6 and I expected it would be 157.2 As it is I’m just 1 pound below my POST binge refeed weight.
Starting weight was 160.6

Experiment fail. (But I see the next one already:)