Chester Journal - 8 years and here I am!

Hello everybody, my name is Chester! Like many others here, I have struggled with food and weight most of my life. About 8 years ago I discovered fasting, and I lost about 80 pounds. And I kept it off for 6 years! I began water fasting for days at a time, with intermittent fasting in between, about 2-4 hour eating windows per day, for years. I decided it was a lifestyle I can carry on forever.

I am proud I lost so much and kept it off for so long, and hopeful for that. I love fasting for the weight loss sure, but for the autophagy and feeling of being light and sharp and fit and free and strong and heathy most of all.

So that is the good news. The bad news, after keeping 80 pounds off for 6 years, I slowly regained about 40 pounds over the past two years. Maybe because of stress? I was unemployed for about a year, moved to another country and back within the past three years, started a new job and bought a new home here which is nice but has been stressful. Anyway, I found I was going back to my very old patterns of binge eating.

Recently I decided I need to recapture my passion for fasting and get back to the lifestyle that changed my life and has made me so deeply happy for so long. Unfortunately the past month I planned on starting almost every day and then bailed out, and bailed out bad.

So, I am here now. I guess I can keep posting to this thread as sort of an accountability thing? And read and share with others on other threads. When I discovered fasting 8 years ago, a similar forum really helped me on my journey and helped me help others. So glad to find this forum!

So I am starting my new fasting life right now. Planning three of water fasting to start, Tuesday through Thursday. Then Friday through the weekend I have some big social demands so I will do good intermittent fasting for the weekend, with small windows of eating healthy. Then water fast again next week, three or four days, and keep going. My personal record water fast is only 6 days, and I hope to break that soon.

Please share any comments or encouragement and thanks! Look forward to learning and growing with everyone here!

Chester

2 Likes

Ok, so yesterday I was starting my three-day water fast and healthy lifestyle… my combo of full days of water fasting and one meal a day. I had mentioned that, although a big faster for years, I have really slipped these past two years and am restarting :pray:

Well, I almost bailed out again yesterday… I decided to have dinner with my wife, but it was healthy good stuff, and only an hour of eating. So I managed to make it an OMAD day, about 20 hours of fasting then a two-hour eating window. It feels great that I did not bail out and binge, and fasting now through today. Worst case I make it an OMAD but I am committed to completely water fasting these next two days before the weekend, which will have to be some flexible IF because of social stuff.

Anyway, counting as a victory that I did not crash and burn. Let’s see how it goes :slightly_smiling_face:

Chester

Here’s hoping you’ve made progress! I’m currently on day 4 of a 7 day fast! I lost 139 total but not through fasting until the last 60. But I gained all but 25 of that back from pregnancy and stress there after. I’m hoping my body likes me and lets me drop 80 in 4 months. 5 at the most. :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2: