Belle's Journal

I’m at a point where I want to make a conscious effort to lose weight. Make a plan, stick to the plan, follow through on it and achieve. I need to make choices that last and have real change, make lifelong lifestyle changes. Weight goes off and comes back, I say no more. I need to stop sabotaging my weight loss. I can lose this weight, I will keep it off and I will be the person I have seen in the mirror.

• Started water fasting Friday 25 October at 11.30pm
  • Goal to fast for 14 days but aiming for 21 days
  • Today 72.7 kg/160 lbs. Goal weight 59 kg/130 lbs
7 Likes

Yes you can do this! This is beautifully written!

1 Like

I’m a former night owl myself. Hang in there. It gets easier when you get to Day 4. By that time your body has depleted all of its glycogen stores from your liver and muscles which allows the body to go into fat-burning mode. Once the body realizes its getting fed, the hunger pangs will fade.

2 Likes

Cheers. I can’t wait for that. I find the first five days the hardest. My longest fast has been ten days. I’m trying not to look at my clock/calendar. It’s a long weekend here in New Zealand and I need to fill in my day. I’ve been cooking for my family too. I’ve found making meals more fun while I’m fasting, but it’s just they smell so good. It’s kinda an odd reflection but I’ve found that I’m controlling my family’s food, I’m making better meals and in advance.

LOL. I always feel better by distracting myself by cooking for someone else or buying pickup for them. I learned just the smell of food can ease the pangs of hunger. I learned that trick from a YouTube interview between Dr. Ray Cronis and Dr. Rhonda Patrick on YouTube. Dr. Cronis had just gone past 30 days on a water fast and is the one who recommended the Potato Diet to Penn Jilette, the Las Vegas magician of the famous Penn & Teller. It helped Penn to get started on losing 100lbs.

Stress raises your cortisol levels, a hormone which increases weight gain and hinders weight loss. Only you can decide of course, but Fasting is inherently stressful on the body so I’d chose on the best course so you can best focus on taking care of your family and yourself. You can always start again when the environment is more conducive to fasting. Take care of yourself and best wishes for the recovery of your husband.

There’s a common saying in the hi-tech industry, “Whoever has the better grasp on reality wins.” Acknowledging where you are, how you got there and creating a realistic plan for moving forward massively increases your chance that you WILL reach goal. Good luck!