Attempting long term fast

Hi! My name is Jessie, I am 57 and am attempting a long term fast for all the usual reasons. I have fasted for a week plus a couple of times in the distant past and now find myself at a point in time where I am having various minor ailments mostly secondary to being fat. I also am wanting to recapture what I can of youth and energy and self-respect (as well as fit into my smaller clothes) before it is perhaps a bit too late.

I am currently at the beginning of day 3. My starting weight was approximately 207 although I didn’t weigh that morning but have been between 206-209 and I am 5’9." … I weighed approximately 155-160 three years ago (which was my high normal weight) and have now crept up to my current weight… I have a probable thyroidectomy coming relatively soon and am scared of the possible side-effects and so am fasting “as hard as I can” to get down before, during, and after surgery before the side effects kick in… I have been walking 2 miles everyday and exercising a bit but not too motivated to do much more until I lose a chunk of weight…

I stumbled on this site and it has encouraged me so I thought I would share to perhaps encourage others -I don’t know how far I can go but am highly motivated at this point -dreaming of a 30 or 40 or even 60 day water fast… I’m trusting God to help me one day at a time.

Today is day 3 and I currently weigh 202.4. Day 1 and 2 were physically a breeze but mentally very difficult with the “I’ll start again tomorrow” thing going on constantly but am now finding myself pleasantly surprised and thankful I made it through… so on to today: I must say, I feel a bit weak and lightheaded but know I just need to power through the first week… I feel I can cope with anything but nausea so praying that will stay away from me… I also hope to post every morning as able… Also, I have one small caveat -on day nine I will have a taste of my 25yo son’s birthday cake… I MUST share in that as I have done every year of his life… I just hope I can make it until then -then continue on with fasting…

Thank you to all who read and again, hoping my posts will encourage someone else.

5 Likes

Hi, day 1 for me also, you have got this and best wishes. Check-in as much as possible.

Hi Overcomer -I hope you made it through day 1 and are on to Day 2! Today starts day 4 for me… I’m trying to figure out how to add another post to my journal! Can’t figure out how…

1 Like

Hi @zane1, Glad to hear you are on day 4 wow! Well done :clap:t5:
I did get to day 2 but fell off and had a refeed :frowning_face: I restarted straight away so on day 1 again, I seem to be doing omad at the moment. Hopefully, I will push through to a longer fast by the weekend.

I normally give myself a week to do low carb before starting a fast, but I couldn’t this time, hence why it’s been a struggle.
I will keep going and checking in.
Not sure how to add a post either sorry!

You just did add another post. :joy:

There are 2 “reply” options.

When you hit the one on a specific person it replies to them, but still shows in the journal for all to see. It additionally gives that specific person an alert that you have replied to them.

At the bottom of your thread is a blue reply box (after the bookmark, share, and flag buttons). Use that one for your general posting. :blush:

Welcome to the forum!