Anna’s weight loss jouney

July 10th, 2022: Completed Day 2 water fast:

Hi all, I used to post a ton a year ago or so ( under a different name) but it’s been awhile! Happy this is still here!! I wanted to start a new journal but not sure how so just deleted my old posts from oct. 21’ to start a new one.

Weight 248 (ugh)
Height 5’4

I desperately want to get back to basically not being ashamed of myself… food addiction is real. I just completed 2 full days of water fasting (well with one black coffee and one herbal tea both days). Feeling a little weak but started cleaning out drawers and closets to be busy … I’ve done 10 days before so I know I can get that far! This is an open ended water fast (not sure when I’ll quit) but it has to be low carb once I do. I tried carnivore for awhile and it worked pretty quick, I got down to 207 but I felt a little depressed and would only go #2 (sorry for TMI) like every 9 or so days!! I think I’m one of those people that need a small cup of rice or something for mood and digestion…

On to Day 3 of my water fast. :blush:

2 Likes

Hi …

Day 3 water fast: Weighed 247.0 this morning (lost 1.6 from yesterday). I hate the even number, one more ounce to be 246.9, lol. oh well. Feeling more motivated than ever. So tired of being overweight and now it’s summer so it’s tough to layer clothes and hide out… so over this.

Don’t feel hungry which is odd … hunger to me is mostly mental as cravings can be so relentless that I never have time to actually be hungry. I think I’m just mad at where I’m at and not going to listen to the voice in my head that tells me “I NEED ___ and will start tomorrow”… all that did was get me to 250!!! Ugh

Thank for being there all… cheers to Day 3… :clinking_glasses::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great job! You sound really motivated :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you Cadence!! :blush:

Day 4! Lost 1.4 yesterday. Weighed 245.6 this morning … can’t wait to reach 239… I’m trying to make my goals super small so that I can be proud of my tiny accomplishments. I’m normally “all or nothing”. I think to myself if I’m not 125 then everything sucks. Lol.

My goal is around 128. I know I can do this (we all can!) I realized it’s not the food, it’s a mindset … I play around all day in my head with what I can eat or not eat to not feel too bloated and gross but that’s just a symptom of not being positive and facing reality and life. At least for me that’s been my issue. We got this my friends!

Cheers to completing day 4 today!! :clinking_glasses::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well done! You are doing great, keep going, I have a lot of weight to lose also. Fasting this year and next. We have got to keep going, keep it up and you will get there :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

1 Like

Thank you Overcomer! I really appreciate the motivating comments!! :blush: I think it’s time!! What I keep thinking about is (this is going to sound sad) but all these people have lost their lives this past few years and I sit around and waste my life and time hiding out of my “ own life” ashamed due to my weight to eat pizza and chips??! I must be more than that!! If that makes sense? I feel a sort of sense of urgency to start living ya know? I loovveee to eat but for me that means at the sacrifice of pretty much everything great in the world… oh boy I wish I could have both :blush::blush::blush:

I heard this saying the other day and I keep saying it to myself “I can do hard things”. I love that!!

Good luck to us :slightly_smiling_face:!!

1 Like

Yes, we can do hard things! And we will do hard things for sure :pray:t4::pray:t4::pray:t4:

1 Like

Weighed 243.8 this morning !! Woo hoo … another 1.8 down … :blush:

1 Like

Ugh … only lost .8 lbs yesterday! I mean it’s better than nothing (and definitely better than gaining!)

I did have a small coffee with cream this morning, I know that’s not technically water fasting but it’s my fast. :blush:

Hoping tomorrow morning it’ll bring me at least a full pound lost!!

Thanks for being there all! Good luck to us ! :+1:

1 Like

Weighed 241.6 this morning! Lost 1.6 pounds even with my one little coffee with cream :blush:

So close to 239… I cannot wait to get under 200… that’s my first goal …

This sure is tough to not eat ALL day and still have 40 pounds to go to goal #1 (and that’s just the beginning!) Actually it’s brutal … but I’m not giving up. I want to see myself in the mirror again. I don’t recognize this overweight body at all. It’s like a boulder wrapped around me and I can hardly breath. :relieved:. Physically and emotionally and honestly spiritually as well. I want freedom to be seen as I used to be … someone that is confident and light and free … I have not been able to be the same since all this weigh gain. I just hide and feel my life is passing me by. I envy people that can be large and proud, I am in awe of that. I just feel sad.

Hoping to see the 230’s this weekend!!

High five all, we can do this!!!

4 Likes

Yaaaaa!!! 239.2 this morning!!! That’s 2.4 pounds lost yesterday! I didn’t even think that was possible … i felt kind of weak yesterday, zero energy and geez was I craving a big ok carby something to soothe the boredom and the lethargy but I carried on, so glad I did. I’m realizing the small wins are actually great for motivation. My normal is to get so caught up in how far I have to go. I’m trying to just focus on losing weight today … anything less than yesterday is a win.

My top weight ever was 265 so 239 is 26 pounds down … seems lame with how far I got to go but at least I’m in the right direction! :slightly_smiling_face:

I just drank a zero calorie electrolyte drink and my small coffee with cream. Hoping with the salt in it I won’t feel sooo weak today.

Let’s keep moving forward team!! :blush:

3 Likes

Weighed 238 this morning … another 1.2 pounds down! Last august I got down to 207 so I’m finding myself irritated that I have to this hard ass crap again. So over this. It’s really hard not to eat all day but I’m going to master this fat on me if it’s the last thing I do… slay the lard!! Lol.

I have a really bad cough too for a few weeks. It’s so odd. I went to the doctor and they can’t find any reason except allergies. It’s so annoying. Feeling a tad negative today but I am reminding myself that happiness comes from the inside so I can change my attitude if I choose to. Sometimes it’s tough though. :two_hearts:

On to another fasting day!!

2 Likes

Weight 236.6 this morning so down another 1.4. Making progress … almost down 30 pounds from my top weight so if I look at it that way I’m 1/4 of the way to my goal … that’s something! :nerd_face:. Trying so hard to see the positives because I have so far to go …

Hope everyone has success today. I see some of you are doing a 7 day dry fast? Did I see that right … wow!! That’s pretty awesome …

1 Like

Hello all, I didn’t post yesterday as I had a slight stomach ache and weak so I ate a small size Caesar salad (keto, no croutons!). I’m back to fasting, weighed 236.6 again today … no change. Annoying but it is what it is. :slightly_smiling_face:

Geez, this is sooo tough to not eat all day to hopefully lose a pound. I wish I could go into some fat sucking chamber and come out in an hour thin. :laughing:.

Hope you all are well!

3 Likes

Well I lost a pound yesterday which is good, 235.6. I gotta keep positive so here it goes… only 5 more pounds to be in the 220’s!! Woo hoo :blush::clinking_glasses:

I love reading others posts so thank you for those that do, it’s motivating!!

1 Like

Hi all, lost 1.8 yesterday! Woo hoo … weigh 233.8. All I had yesterday is a 8oz black coffee with a little heavy whipping cream. Fasting is sooo boring and that gets me out of bed in the morning. Eventually the acid will be too much from the coffee and I’ll be forced to quit (at least that happened last time I fasted).

Can’t waaaaiittt to get under 200… omg, feels like it will be 2030 but I’m going to keep going. I’ve lost 32 pounds since my top … my goal is 128. On my wayyy… :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck to you all!

1 Like

Went out to dinner with a friend and had a small Caesar salad again with no croutons (Keto). Decided not weigh today because I’ll probably be the same or a pound up. Back to a fasting day (zero food)… had my one little coffee with a splash of heavy whipping cream. I realized this will be a lifestyle and not a quick fix so I’m not going to stress on my one coffee and little salad here and there. I’ll get there … kinda shocked how heavy I am, I was small (in the 120’s) pretty much my whole life. I feel like I was taken over by a glutton demon or something, how’d I screw up my “thin, healthy, in shape body” so bad?? :disappointed:

It all started with taking a daily anxiety med, I gained 30 pounds the first few months and my body changed drastically and the weight piled on from there. Yes, I’m a foodie but always was, nothing had changed except the medication. I know there is a time and place for medication but to me they are horrible. It caused wayyyy more lifetime problems than I was ever dealing with before. Ugh.

Moving forward …

1 Like

Good morning all, had a few Keto meals this past few days, the good news is I’m pretty much the same weight but back on limiting my intake to get this weight off me. I feel like as hard as it feels like suffering this past month trying not to eat, I have lost 18 pounds in 21 days. I have to keep looking at the wins and not how far I have to go…

Top weight: 265
Current weight: 233
Goal: 128

4 Likes

Hi all, still here, checking in … been drinking my one cup of coffee in the morning and eating one small meal a day (no sugar, no gluten or chips of any kind) lost .5 pounds. Not helping myself really but haven’t gained!! :smile: I have a question to all of you… ??

I don’t feel well on keto (I know about the keto flu but it’s not that)… I feel sorta depressed, unsatisfied and lazy and I stop going to the bathroom :flushed:.

Does anyone else feel like that? If I eat a bowl of rice and beans I can go a few days not eating but feel content, go to the bathroom (TMI, sorry!)…

Does anyone else feel better on carbs than high fat?

Hmmm

Back to fasting a day tomorrow!! Good luck all too :blush:

Starting Monday thru Friday fasting… eat on the weekends. Anyone doing this?