Amber's Journal

Good job on six days. Thats a LOT. Don’t beat yourself up over ending because this is a journey and each fast will get better. I decided to cut out coffee 100% and see how it affects my fast. Today was the first full day with no caffeine and I felt pretty good… no headaches like I expected BUT will probably experience the headaches in another day or so. How long will you refeed for?

1 Like

I agree with Kyle, great job on 6 days Amber !! If you told your average person that they’d be shocked how long you havnt eaten so pat yourself on the back :slight_smile: Just pick up and keep going, imagine how great we’ll feel for the holidays this year !!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the support . I am back on this morning and glad I am. It’s so nice to have someone who understands to go through this with . I don’t think I could do this without you .
I went with only one meal. I told myself I could have 24 hours but I woke up with more desire to get this weight off than to eat . I think that I am lucky right now to be healthy and my kids are finally in a good place and things are smooth sailing . If you guys can do it with more challenges I can try too. Your right it will feel nice to go into the holidays feeling successful. Thanks

2 Likes

I’m glad you posted and are doing well. You sound like you have a great attitude and I think that’s 90% of the battle! Just listen to your body, our bodies know better than we think they do! Hope you have a great day. :slight_smile:

Right on Amber !! We can do this ! Keep posting it’s helping me too !! :slightly_smiling_face::four_leaf_clover:

Okay so I am back to day one . I spent way too much time negotiating with myself and kept edging my refeed meal into a refeed weekend . Sigh . But I have learned a valuable lesson . When the momentum is going just go with it and don’t let yourself negotiate. There is always another reason to eat .
I am better than this . Today begins 14 days and no negotiations with myself . I owe myself my word and this weight loss … health. Here I go. I hope I make self proud .
Next step plan and make sign for the fridge, pantry, and calendar . Something catchy about not negotiating with myself . Any ideas ?

2 Likes

I saw this quote by someone today and it reminded me of fasting… or I should say Not fasting…

Most people struggling to get started spend time figuring out solutions for problems they don’t have yet.

I don’t know that’s a phrase for the negotiating phase but if you get to the point where you do negotiate, make sure you are negotiating for your future thinner/successful self and you’re not negotiating for your present unfulfilled self. The one you negotiate for is the one that will win out in the end.

Welcome back to fasting land, you got this Amber!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Amber, you are doing great ! Every step we make towards our health is amazing ! Even if we have tiny blip we can’t discount t all the days before, we just get up and keep going !! I made it to Day 10 (didn’t finish day 10), had a meal and will start again tomorrow for another 9 days !! My favorite saying that someone said this week is “Disapline is Freedom”… I’m disaplined in every area but food (not kidding,I’m the queen of getting stuff done) but when it comes to my health and healthy eating I just fall short so that quote resonated with me… I subconsciously seem to think eating junk and binging is Freedom but it’s the opposite!! :four_leaf_clover::slightly_smiling_face:. Your doing great!!

1 Like

Thanks to both of you !!

1 Like

So flipping true. Feed me trolls. Slap them and keep going.

Just stopping in to say Hello, Amber. Hope you are doing well!!

Round two. I am going for a 10 day fast this time . I have successfully stayed down a size since my last fast in August and although my changes are slower than some others I am hoping it means they are lasting .

This time I have set a reward for myself for each of the ten days . I had a little extra money set aside from my side hustle and with the help of Groupon I am highly motivated to do this for myself. Over the past couple of years I have let maintenance slip and I can see my unhealthiness and aging .

So although the rewards may seem excessive for such a short fast I know that the uphill start is so much harder than the end for me . I hoping over time it just becomes a normal part of my life … but right now it isn’t . I need the motivation. I see the difference in the lifestyle of my parent that takes care and the parent that doesn’t . I can’t let my kiddos worry the way I do about my father and his health .

Today my reward is to set aside the time to watch The Duece on the excercise bike and hang some pictures in my master bath . Perhaps some time to linger and stare at the snow with hot black coffee . Hope if anyone is reading you are having a wonderful day and I wish you success

5 Likes

I just broke a five day fast because when I was exercising I started feeling very tingly and light headed . I am regretting breaking the fast and I am wondering if I really needed to eat or just rest .

Has anyone else had this experience and what did you do ?