After three, consecutive 21 day Water fasts...Now what?

Great post Schmidt ! I could relate to so much of it … I too am a volume eater and only feel satisfied when truly stuffed. Never ever will you see me eat a pc of toast or one little apple or a bite of a candy bar or small helping if chips. Ain’t never gonna happen :slight_smile:. What’s the point in the teaser?? Lol. That’s why OMAD works so well for me. I’m so impressed with your fast! You’re doing great ! I just did a 3 day (72 hour) and then ate a big ol satisfying meal (no gluten or sugar). I got the thyroid pill in the mail today and excited to start tomorrow !! Thank you and Kyle!! Hang in there, you’re doing great!! :four_leaf_clover::clinking_glasses::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes, it is one of my fav., too.

1 Like

Keep me posted how the thyroid supplement goes, Stacia. :hugs:

1 Like

Omg, took one thyroid supplement yesterday (the instructions say 1-8 a day, I only took 1. Within one hour I wanted to jump out of my skin. :frowning:. Anxiety, nervousness, felt a little ill, couldn’t think straight… it was awful :cry:!! The owner emailed me a suggested a start with 2 or 3, thankfully I didn’t listen!! I think I better make a doctor appt to perhaps get something more regulated and a prescription but I’ve just read so many stories about how hard it is to get the right dose, the side effects, the stopping working after a few months, the need to take the rest of your life. I just wish there was a scanner that could tell you head to toe what’s off and what to do about it. Is it the adrenals? Thyroid? Overies? Liver? Digestion? Diet? (Diet for sure! Lol)… all of it? :sob:… health is tough in this modern age of bad food, water, air, stress. But gotta stay positive and hopeful and keep moving forward right?! Anyone - let me know if you had a thyroid pill nightmare like that?? Ty!!

3 Likes

I have to take thyroid pills T3 and T4 (most of my body’s systems do not regulate properly). They’ve dramatically increased my quality of life. I do take iodine etc but without modern medicine I would undoubtedly not be writing this post. For a long time I was very resistant to being completely dependent on medication to function. But the purpose of life is to be happy! So what if that means I have take meds all the time and constantly be monitored? The root of bringing joy to the world starts with loving ourselves the way we are now- not how we want/wish we were.

2 Likes

Stacia, I started with doctors, a couple dozen of them, then I started self-treating after much research and finding the doctors incompetent, then I moved to a part of the country that has a few good thyroid doctors. My experience left me distrustful and disrespectful of the medical profession.

I do not react well to most medications.

I’ve tried Synthroid and Tirosint for thyroid, and also both those with a small addition of T3. On those T4 meds, I had horrible physical and mental reactions and even broke out in boils on the Tirosint. Boils!! And that was one of about a dozen things going on at the same time. I’ve also taken natural thyroid hormone both from my doctor and self ordered from Thailand. They caused horrible racing heart and a severe exacerbation of symptoms. And I’ve taken T3 from Mexico which worked well, but had to be taken 4X or more a day and easily caused high heart rate. Now I take time release T3 from my doctor which works extremely well and I cannot live without, but the private doctor costs a fortune.

I’ve also reacted poorly to a couple different iodine regimens, to selenium and to LDN. Oh and early on, some supplement left me almost comatose…can’t remember what that was now, but something that most people love and shouldn’t do that. I’ve taken untold numbers of supplements and tried many different dietary healing regimes. Some helped; some harmed; most did nothing.

I do not convert T4 to T3. I can’t tolerate any T4 meds. Most doctors prescribe only T4 meds. I also have both Hashi’s and Graves, and while mostly hypo, occasionally, I go hyper. And I’ve also been diagnosed with a whole host of other things like fibromyalgia, CFS, etc…the usual grocery bag of diagnoses when they don’t really have a name for what’s wrong with you. I spent about 15 years certain that I could heal myself if I just tried the right combination of food, supplements and lifestyle. About a year ago, I finally gave up and just decided to accept my ill health. It was so freeing and so mentally healthy to stop having hope and being disappointed.

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry you had such a negative reaction, Stacia. Can you return them to the manufacturer?

1 Like

Sky, thank you so much for this!! I have had the same experience in that I’ve had some kind of a bad reaction to almost all meds and supplements (things people swear by!). I can’t take any B vitamins because anxiety and feeling ill go through the roof. The one time I took pharma anxiety/antidepressant meds is when I ballooned 60 pounds in 3 months!! Hence the reason I am here. I read this week that the anxiety/antidepressant meds can cause hypothyroid (WOW!!)… It makes sense to me now that I got all the hypothyroid symptoms after that short stint with (excuse my language here) that “&@?%*” med that ruined my body in so many ways. I am so distrustful of medication of any kind and I literally feel like crying at the mess of it all. I know sometimes meds are needed and save lives and for that I’m grateful but for now I guess the best thing for me is to eat as clean as I can, take kelp and a few other supplements, keep stress down, do fasting and pray for the best. Grrr … thank you all for your posts !!!

2 Likes

So true. Thank you Kristy. I will take what you said to heart. I know you have had to deal with stuff no young woman should ever have to, hugs to you. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I have a similar history. I definitely do not convert T4 into T3 and my daughter told me about Anthony William’s book about healing the thyroid. I do not know if I am allowed to put the link to Amazon here, so I won’t do it. The book is called, THYROID HEALING, and this does include Hashi, Graves, etc…I will read the book and try it out, because I will NEVER give up. I wish you every success.

1 Like

Today is day 16, and the day is half done. I weighed 74.1 kg/163.0 today. In one week I dropped 2 kg./4.4 lbs. That ain’t a lot. I refuse to get bummed out. I read somewhere that between the 2-4 weeks into fasting the magic happens. I hope so…At this rate, I will get to my goal weight maybe in 25 weeks. I do not think I can fast that long, LOL. I still plan to go 40 days, then I will do a week of just juices to wake up my digestive tract. Then I will add soup and veggies in the second week of refeed. Afterwards, I will do rolling, continuous 48 hour fasts, with OMAD, and keep going until I reach my goal…15 kg. to go. Nothing else to report. I have energy, and yet my sleep isn’t that great. I think I will really take Magnesium before bed. So, happy fasting!

3 Likes

I gave up on sleeping with fasts longer than 48 hours. My body just goes into overdrive. And I find myself having to get up and relieve myself at least 3x a night.

I just keep an unobstructed path to the bathroom.

Days I eat, no problem. I sleep.

Hope the magnesium helps you!

2 Likes

Day 23 of my 40 day water fast…
Sorry, but there was nothing to report since last I made an entry here. Fasting has become a habit, and my body/mind has accepted that I am fasting. About 5 days ago, right before I reached 21 days, I made a discovery. It does not matter if I fast 5, 21 or 40 days, my inner brat wakes up and drives me crazy, the last few days of fasting. As you know, probably, that I did three, consecutive 21 day fasts this Summer, and each time, like 5 days before the end of the fast, my inner brat woke up and NAGGED me all the day long and into the night about eating. It’s exhausting. Well, this time I am fasting 40 days, and the inner brat left me along around the 21 day mark. I was amazed. So, I learned, when I set a goal, and my brat knows I mean business, it shuts up. Interesting, right? The daily euphoria is rather nice, like a low, humming happiness, and has no over-the-top giddiness. I like it a lot. I got on the scale today, and I weighed 72.5 kg./159 lbs. I have dropped, since June 15th, when I began my fasting journey, almost 22 kg./ 44 lbs. Hurray for me. BTW, I gotta very dry tongue and have to sip water all the time. Tongue is pink…Tomorrow, I will get a 2 hour massage…I can barely wait. Happy Fasting!

6 Likes

Bizarre enough my brat was not an issue on this last fast. I hope that continues with future fasts. Could be partly hormones though? Still no sign of my cycle after 2 months :joy:.

2 Likes

Very interesting… seems like your inner brat is exhausted with trying to entice you and has failed… I like the concept of inner brat… I believe I have been living inside of my inner brat… need to straighten it out!

1 Like

I am now on day 28 of my water fast, and am waiting for the “whoosh” effect. Two days ago, I actually gained over 1 kg. I had weighed 71.2 kg. and the next day, I weighed 72.4 kg. and have been stuck there since. It has not budged. Hmmm. I hope by the 40th day to be way below 70 kg. and if not, I will go to 50 days, and why not? I feel fine. I will get my blood checked on Nov. 2. And I will keep going. THAT was the most exciting thing to have happen right now, except Germany’s gov’t wants to shut down most everything again, which would normally send me into a tail-spin of fear (I have no, and mean zero fear of the C virus. I feel more concerned, as a self-employed person of them closing down people like me. Anyway, fasting has helped me to not panic, or obscess about this. I hear this quiet voice in my head, that tells me, “All is well.” And I believe this inner voice. When I feel disturbed, I use it as a trigger to pray for others. It feels rather good. More people are mentioning that I have dropped some weight. Finally. My yoga practice is right on track, and I can do almost all the asanas, that I use to do before I became overweight. I am very pleased. I need more strength in order to do certain arm asanas, like the scorpion, hand-stand or bridge, but once I eat again, that will soon come back. Onward and upward!

5 Likes

We have a political crap show going on with upcoming election.

I have been thinking to myself, all this energy would be best put to addressing the underlying conditions people have making them more susceptible than the virus itself.

We’re strong. We’ve made ourselves less vulnerable by addressing our own personal issues.

It’s made me very aware of how many are perpetually stuck in an unaware state.

3 Likes

Today is my 32rd day of this fast. I went to a friend’s house, and he has the best espresso mashine, and he made me three little espressos, altogether, and I am bouncing off the walls, and feel jittery, my stomach is nauseous and mad at me, and I am home now, and had my broth, and now my tummy is calming down. I am about to go for a walk with my dogs. So, I am DONE with coffee. It messes me up. I am sticking to mainly water, my idea of broth, and teas. I did not have the courage to get on that blasted scale. It messes with me, too. I am just going to keep going. I still have, under the coffee-induced anxiety/nervousness, the deep, inner euphoria and feel very, very connected to my self. I feel, in spite of the caffeine rush, a quiet, peaceful feeling. Due to the new lock-down, I won’t be able to continue my yoga classes in November, and about 800+ Euros from my income will not be coming in. Instead of last time, where I freaked out, and tried to use food to soothe me (and gained 10+kg.), the euphoria is helping me to roll with the punches and trust the universe. Since I will be eating soooo much less, in the second half of the month, I will save money, and since I do not have to drive the long distances to yoga classes, I will save on fuel, too. I feel everything will work out. So, now I gotta walk the dogs, and I wish you all happy fasting.

4 Likes

Today is day 35 of this water fast…I decided to stop at 40 and slooooowly refeed. I am doing OK, and do feel a bit weak, which is natural. Now, I am getting the opposite of no one mentioning that I have dropped weight. How odd, that every single person I run into or see tells me I am “skinny” or too skinny and should gain weight??? What? As of today, I weigh 70.0 kg., which is 154 lbs…Skinny is something else. I still have the spare tire, but it is getting less, and I do have “love-handles”, so skinny is not yet happening. I have 5 more days to go, and the inner brat woke up yesterday, when I decided to stop at 40 days, geez…I will organize my kichen, after I go take a bath now…I am freeeeeezing. Oh, I was at the doc today, and will tell ya’all all about what my bloodwork says tomorrow. Bye for now, and Happy Fasting!

4 Likes

Hi Schmidt, just checkin on ya … you inspire me so much and I just want to thank you !! Hope you are doing well? How’d your numbers come out? :two_hearts:

3 Likes