Aelle's Fasting Journal Day 1

I wish I’d come across you earlier in the month :joy: well done your doing absolutely fantastic!!! Hoping to follow in your footsteps this year :blush::grin:

Hi Cate,
Thank you so much! Taking it a day at a time. Are you or were you also water fasting? However long you were able to do, congratulate yourself, it’s not easy.

Have a great day!

Day 19: check in –

Today I dreamt of cheese burgers! :weary::joy:

Still going, I hope you all are still going to. I believe in you!

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Cheese burger dreams :joy: I had a few of those last year :joy::joy: your body is telling you it craves high fat instant energy food… remember the high fat part for your refeed :blush:.

I’m back on board. I did 13days small refeed on the 31st then 6days small fast mimicking refeed, then onto juice still fast mimicking and now I’m 5days into just water fast.
Yesterday I weighed in and I’d lost 10kg since the 14th December.

Feeling good, but robbed of awake time today :joy:

Is that what it means? Thank you… I’ll keep in mind when it’s time to refeed.

Welvome back to the board! Wow, I like your approach, it’s building up to the more restrictive water fast without a shock to the body. Have you fasted previously? If so, what types?

In the past I’ve done two long-term fasts (40+ days) I did a 42 day fast of herbal tea and water. It was unintentional tho, I had broke up w my bf at the time and had no appetite. Lol…

Second time was an intentional 40 day water fast. It was tough but I got through it. I also did a few 21 day water fasts as well.

I tried omad (one meal a day) but found that intermittent fasting works best since there are times when I’ve wanted to grab lunch with friends but it wasn’t my meal time. IF helps me to schedule a window to meet and eat.

PS: Congrats on your weight loss.

1 Like

Day 20: check in

Today marks my half way point to my goal of 40 days water fasted.

This community has been great with keeping me accountable.

20 left to 40…I can do it! 🤸

1 Like

Your body is adapted to burning fat now, so on your refeed making sure you give it dietary fat will mean you can stay in ketosis abit longer.

I basically live OMAD and didn’t know it was a diet I always thought it was just being busy and having a port relationship with food.

Last year I was too poorly to look after myself so gave up trying to make food and decided to do a longer fast and ended up doing 31 days last January on this forum for the most part. Learnt alot. Halved my chronic pain, day 21 my chronic fatigue lifted.

I regularly fast for a few days to ease dietary difficulty and have done two weeks due to finances a few times. But normally I do 3/5/10 days max.

But I’m back for another long haul this year for healing. It was more that I didn’t get passed two weeks, then didn’t get pasted one so I just applied what I have learn through this forum and a alot of reading and stayed fast mimicking so that I could get into a long fast.
I really want to push for 40… really give my digestive system chance to heal and settle. And do a really good refeed. But I don’t think it matters of that’s green juice -water - green juice for 40 or if it’s all water, with five days green juice prior and added juice after. (I have a freezer full ready for the refeed).

I use electrolytes and allow lemon juice, broth and coffee. Last year’s was water only and struggling to figure out how to get electrolytes and it was just pure suffering. This year is a much better experience.

So your half way… Whoooooop!!
How do you approach it… what are your motivations?

1 Like

That’s awesome! I bet the relief you felt was life changing when your chronic pain lifted.

OMAD - you fast a few days in combination with OMAD?
3/5/10 days are the fast combination? So like 3 days in one week, 5 days in another and max 10 days, are they consecutive days or do you do one off/one on days?

My apologies for all of the questions but I think you have a great method here that I’d like to try out. You make a great point with the choice in liquids. I think the change in tastes will help with staying on as liquid fast longer.

Water is bland, after while the taste buds grow tired of bland. Lol

I’m vegan but have given serious thought to going back to meat. I miss the taste (hence, cheeseburger dreams :joy:)

Just thinking about it at this point. Also, based on what u said about my body being gay adapted, I think keto, while still omad would be a great help. I want to drop the remaining fat while I do strength training.

Day 21! 🤸🤸🤸 Yay!

I made it to my first milestone, 21 days and a hump over the midpoint of my ultimate goal (40 days).

21 down and 19 days to go. :weight_lifting_man:t5:‍♀

1 Like

Omad - one meal a day

3/5/10 fast lengths when I choose to fast. 80% of the time I do 3 day fasts. I aim to do a 5/10 day fast every quarter for health benefits.

It’s the first time I’ve run into a fast on juice. I had green soup on alternate days 2 and 4. Just juices and water on days 1-3-5. It worked well.

Loads of videos on YouTube but I’m plant based vegan, never been keto but I am and have been fat adapted for years. I’m abit duel fuel in the summer but I never really loose the fat adaption.

I think missing the taste of meat is a poor excuse. Sorry not sorry ha!
Linda McCartney burgers, or my new fav is meatless farm burgers with Vivo life cheese all the toppings and avo spread on the bun…

It was kinda McCartney burgers I was dreaming about last year :joy:

Well done to day 21!!!

1 Like

Ok thanks. You are plant based vegan?!..even better. You know I kind of regretted that when I said it. I am making no excuses, just thinking out loud…I’m often honest with myself in that way.

I have wondered if I could remain vegan and fat adapted post fast. I eat primarily fruit and veg. I add in grains and proteins like beans and quinoa. My healthy fats include avocado and nuts sometimes.

Are nuts and avo’s a great source of your fats? Even as a vegan I try not to do too many processed vegan foods.

Note: Never heard of the Linda McCartney burger I’ll look for it. Thx :blush:

PS: thx for vid going to watch now

2 Likes

Day 22:

Made it through 21 days, hunger pangs and cravings hit out of nowhere… but this morning… just peace not bombarded with tastes for food or thoughts to eat like over the last couple days.

Strange, in past fasts, these are things I experienced early in the day (10 days at least)… well things change I suppose… I’m along for the journey.

Happy Saturday all and happy fasting! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am indeed plant based vegan. I dabbled with just vegan while I was overwhelmed, caring for a relative and just getting poorlier and poorlier myself. And it sucked then I realised I was allergic to the majority of the crap they put in processed vegan food. So no short cuts for me anymore.

You can easily just eat in a feeding window. 16:8 or less. I usually eat OMAD just because in disorganised and enjoy being outside too much to bother with breakfast and lunch.

Nuts, avos and olives are our best source of healthy fats then unheated extra Virgin olive oil then coconut oil for cooking.

Note: Linda McCartney burgers are all bad :joy: utter junk food. This is what I meant by your dream meaning high fet, even if it was a normal burger your body is just telling you it wants easy instant energy, no more of this… using our stores rubbish hahaha it wants an easy life. Keep making it work :joy:

Have you planned your refeed?

I got you, the cravings are my default " break in case of emergency" junk food fail safe. Makes sense now.
Olives, yes! I do enjoy the large green olives occasionally, a little salty. The black ones are great too, less salt.

Ok so it sounds like I am pretty much on track just need to adapt to a schedule.

I have… I’m going to break fast with an avocado. I usually do a liquid, but the liquid is usually a fruit or veg juice. An avocado (half) w a squeeze of lime. Work my way up from there. Avo is soft should be easy to digest. For 14 days I’m in post fast phase.

In terms of meals, I have a series of meals lined up…mostly raw, vegan bowls that include all of the essentials, protein, carb, healthy fat, etc.

1 Like

Have you had a look at the vegan reffed plan on here?

I’d say your good to go but to consider adding a few days of steamed veg before you go raw

1 Like

Thanks so much Cate. I’ll look for it in the posts.

Day 23:

As I near the weeks toward the finish line, I am feeling much better. My mind is clear and I’m able to make decisions more quickly. This is a small personal victory for me because I’ve struggled with clouded thinking and indecision of late.

I hope you all are experiencing breakthrougs in your life to. Happy fasting have a great day! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Day 24: Check-in

A burst of energy but at the wrong times, wide awake when I should be sleeping :sleeping:

Today, I’m going to do some light stretches. Insomnia is something I’ve always dealt with and the fast was helping me to sleep until recently.

Anyway, grateful for another day! how are you doing today? Happy Fasting!

2 Likes

I go for a brisk walk to beat insomnia… It works for me…

UPDATE: WATER FAST ENDED Day 24

Thank you to everyone who supported me on my journey. I broke my fast late noon of the my 24th day (1/25). After becoming very Ill and having to end the fast (no, it’s not covid).

I support you all going fwd with ur fasts and look forward to rejoining the community when my health is at 100%. Thank you again, I was able to get as far as I did with this community. Happy Fasting!! :woman_cartwheeling::woman_cartwheeling::man_cartwheeling:

2 Likes