A good boy's journal

Intro
Hello my user is GoodBoy. I am an 18 year old male, weigh 196 pounds and am 5’7 / 170cm tall. I have been overweight my whole life due to parents not allowing me to lose weight when I attempted to in the past. This then led me to be depressed and to feeling that I would always stay overweight forever and I started making poor decisions (eating junk food). I’m 18 now and have stood up to my parents for multiple things and one of them being that I will lose this fat.

Why
I want to look cute. I want to wear cute clothes and look good. I want my glasses to look better on me and my face to look nicer rather than chubby. I want to show that I am not sloppy and lazy, just eating as I please and not caring for my health. I want my future partner to not only love me but also be attracted to me. Why should I expect being in a relationship with an amazing woman but not take care of my own appearance and self and be an amazing man? Why should I expect her to not want an attractive and amazing partner? I want my future special person to know that I am putting an effort on myself physically to be healthy and attractive for them and myself.

My goal
I want to get to 140-145 pounds and see where to go from there

What are some struggles you face or you have faced in the past
Low self esteem due to everyone around me having good looking bodies while I don’t. Everyone has acted as if it were normal and okay for me to be overweight and have never encouraged me or tried to support me when I tried to lose weight. I don’t feel worthy of another person in a romantic sense till I lose this weight. I want to wear nice clothes and look cute but I’m too fat. I wear glasses but they don’t look as good on me as they do to my younger siblings who are all skinny unlike me.

What is your game plan?
Due to having religious parents I have fasted every Ramadan for 10+ years now. So I think i’m okay to try harder fasts.
I plan to do 7 day water fasts then 2 days refeed and 1 day to eat a regular meal (still eating calorie deficit) then go back to 7 day water fast and repeat. I want to do this till I reach my goal weight.

How do I feel right now?
i am super duper excited! I can’t wait to see visible results :blush:

How will I feel once I achieve my goal?
Probably unreal, i have been overweight for 18 years so just thinking about myself skinny feels like a dream. I will be so happy I might ascend right on the spot :laughing: I will also dash to a clothing store and the outfits I’ve been eyeing for so long and finally look good for once

Daily Affirmation
I am worth it, this is my life not theirs, I can do this, I believe in myself, i will get there, i got this, i will be cute, i will be healthy, i will look better, i will be worthy, lets go!

2 Likes

You can do this Goodboy! Best is just to keep your weight loss/health goals to yourself if your family is not on board, they probably are just worry about ya. Everyday be excited for the little wins (like not eating a second helping or going for a walk)… fasting is amazing (I did 9 days awhile back), but I ultimately realized it’s the day to day choices that make the most difference so I can start to learn to live a healthy lifestyle daily instead of relying so much on a long (drop 50 pounds at once) fast. Be You at all times and the girl for you will come along !!! I can assure you 100% that she’s out there in the world looking for you too, there is someone for everyone, and weight won’t stop the connection! Don’t let a few pounds keep you from knowing how beautiful and handsome you are just being you!!! :slight_smile: Now off to having a healthy day ! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words :blush:
I wish it was like you said where they were worried about me but my parents have been abusive and controlling to me my whole life. It was only this year where I finally stood up to them, said everything on my mind. They are religious and super traditional so when they heard what I was saying they were at first shocked and angry. But then I ended off by saying that I planned to cut off contact with them once I moved out. It was then that they begged me to not do that and promised me that they would change for the better and not be abusive and controlling. So I gave them that chance and things are going pretty well so far, I’m not used to receiving this type of treatment from them and it’s caused some awkward interactions but I feel so much more free and better now. I’ve always hated the fact that I loved them even though I hated and feared them. So I’m happy that my fear and hate for them can possibly change for the better.

1 Like

Well there is nothing more freeing than standing up for yourself if you arnt in danger. Good for you ! Parents or not, people need to be respectful. No matter what or who we can let it knock us down or let it make us stronger! I guess parents love us the best way they know how. Proud of ya !! You are your own man and need to let people in that support you and not tear you down. Hang in there, you got this!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Day 1 and 2 (I forgot to make these entries because i was busy, sorry :disappointed: today is day 3)

Day 1
Weight: 196 pounds / 88.9041 Kg
How I felt
Today was super easy, i barely felt hunger or cravings. I was able to stay focused on the tasks I was doing. No headaches, no feeling of weakness. Just a normal day, except without food.

Day 2
Weight: 194 pounds / 87.9969 Kg
How I felt
I felt amazed when I weighed myself, even if it’s most likely just water weight it was very motivating to see the numbers go down so fast like that. The day itself wasn’t so amazing. In the morning it was easy, it felt like day one, but around noon-afternoon, I started to get hunger pangs.I like to watch educational cooking videos to learn more and get better at cooking (and they are fun). I started to get thoughts of ending the fast and cooking. Later in the day, I got strong cravings for snacks while I was watching a tv show, I felt the urge to go out to Walmart and buying myself some snacks to enjoy while I watched. Eating something while watching or reading is what I did a lot and so I’m sure that’s why I’m getting these cravings. It was really interesting after they passed and I thought back on them, that it wasn’t something I needed but just want.

3 Likes

Good boy… That’s an intense story at a young age. You seem determined and well versed with fasting… The first 3 days are almost done and then it should get easier and easier… I watch youtube cooking shows whilst fasting which is somehow okay… but commercials on tv really that just show up mess me up… be careful… Your doing amazing!

1 Like

I don’t think I’m well versed, i just know a bit thanks to you lovely people on this forum sharing your knowledge : D

Was going to type this yesterday but fell asleep sorry :disappointed: (currently day 4)

Day 3
Weight: 192 pounds/ 87.0897 Kg
I’m not sure why but day 3 was easier then day 2. It was almost as easy as day 1. Maybe it was because my friends were accompanying me the whole day? We were in a discord call and worked on our school work together, then we chatted about things to do once we finished. We settled on a game to play all together and we spent hours on that. Then around the night we just chatted till we all got tired and said good night to each other. I’m happy that it was not tough today :smiley:

1 Like

Day 4
Finally got a journal entry on time :smiley:
Weight: 190
Today started off difficult, I felt like I was almost dizzy when I stood up after waking up. When I was in the bathroom washing up and brushing my teeth I got dizzy. Walking downstairs felt a bit harder than usual, I felt weaker. This feeling lasted for a few hours then I felt normal again. Oh and my whole body was sore for a bit, i heard that meant autophagy started is that true? While my goal is fat loss, i would love to get the benefits of autophagy as an addition. I felt that it might be I didn’t get enough salt in my water yesterday so I made sure to get a lot today. What I’ve been doing is grabbing a spoon of salt and stirring it in a little amount of water (just enough that I can drink in one gulp) and drinking it quickly. Because on the first day I tried a teaspoon in my bottle of water and the taste was not too pleasant. If I’m doing something wrong please tell me :disappointed: Another thing I disregarded and didn’t mention in my past entries is that I’ve still been going to the bathroom for other than peeing. Is that normal? Overall today was harder than yesterday and started off a lot harder than day 2 but slowly mellowed out. Can’t wait to start and finish day 5 tomorrow :smiley:! OH! and I forgot to mention, felt really excited when I saw i lost another 2 pounds, really amazing that im losing them so fast.

2 Likes

#2 are totally normal! Especially since you are doing quasi salt water flushes. Are you taking any other electrolytes?

Oh thank goodness, I thought there might have been something wrong since I wasn’t consuming any food. I am taking two 150mg Magnesium Citrate gelatin capsule pills before I sleep. I was taking a 50mg potassium pill as well but 50mg is barely anything so I stopped cause it was giving me an upset stomach for a bit. I tried to get some No-salt at my local Walmart but they were out of stock ;( maybe there’s a ton of water fasters near me hahaha

Thank you for your reply :smiley:

1 Like

Super late entry I will be getting my sleep after typing this :disappointed:
also I’m sorry i forgot to put the kg conversion of my weight on day 4, i edited two times and it won’t let me do it anymore

Day 5
Weight: 189 lbs / 85.729 Kg
Today felt like a normal day, It was similar to day 3 because I was quite busy. I didn’t get any dizziness like in day 4. However there was a rough patch that really worried me in the middle of the day. I made the mistake of having pouring too much salt in a tiny bit of water and drinking it in one gulp. It hit me like really badly ;-; i felt very nauseous and almost like throwing up for half an hour. I’m so thankful I was able to keep myself under control, because I have been doing so well and I am so close to 7 days.
I learned my lesson and will just be taking single gulps of water with a little bit of salt sprinkled in it a few times a day for the next to days. I was definitely trying to rush consuming my sodium because i dont like the taste of salty water.

Good night everyone sweet dreams! :heart: :blush:

3 Likes

Sounds like you did a pretty serious salt flush/cleanse! I know how uncomfortable they can be so I’m glad you’re feeling better!

1 Like

I was only trying to get my electrolytes but seems I overdid it and did flush/cleanse ;-;

Day 6
Weight: 186 lbs / 84.3682 Kg
What the heck I was shocked and even had to retake my weight on the scale when I saw I went down a whole 3 pounds suddenly! It’s been averaging about 2 pounds a day or less HOLY. IM SPEECHLESSLY HAPPY. Tomorrow is suppose to be my last day but… seeing this increase in weight loss I want to go longer, I think I’ll aim for 10 days and if I don’t feel like it, I can stop since I’ve reached my initial goal. (well tomorrow I will)

OOpsie I didn’ start off with my day sorry. sooo today was very odd I don’t know how to explain it. Um, it wasn’t the energy explosion that I’ve seen people on youtube mention. Rather my day went by super fast today. It was kind’ve like a blur? I think that’s the best way to explain it hehehehe
Oh! I did finally receive the glasses I ordered and I like them! The shape that is, the color is black and I got this color to see how I would like those on me but I prefer the rose gold of the previous glasses I received last week. Today I did consume no salt, because of the scare yesterday but I will try to start consuming salt again tomorrow, more carefully this time too. I’m sorry if I am doing anything wrong by not consuming salt today, I’m just really afraid. No headaches today, but I do find myself getting lightheaded if I move to fast with my head lowered/aiming down. My face gets hot too. I hope that doesn’t mean anything :disappointed: that would cause me to have to stop.

Good night and sweet dreams everyone :heart: :blush:

3 Likes

Sorry for no updates I was busy and tired :disappointed:

Day7
Weight: 184 lbs / 83.461 Kg
I don’t remember much of what I did other than that it was an easy day

Day 8
Weight 182 lbs / 82.5538 Kg
Studied today and read. Nothing particularly happened but I kept forgetting not to stand up to fast and got dizzy a few times.

Day 9 (Today)
Weight 182 lbs / 82.5538 kg
Today is the day I broke my fast. What happened was, I was shopping for groceries for the family but I guess I was moving too much because I got hit by a very strong wave of nausea. My face started to heat up and I felt really bad. Also, I was really sluggish. I got to the washroom as quickly as I could and sat down in the stall while resting my head against the stall window to calm myself down. After I calmed down and felt better (good thing I didn’t vomit, I hate vomiting it hurts so much :frowning: )
I decided to break my fast today so I also got the ingredients I needed to make the stir fry cabbage, and Chinese celery that Mrs. Yasemin makes :smiley: Thank you very much, Mrs. Yasemin!
I made those two dishes and had tomato soup and a small bowl mix of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. Sorry I couldn’t make bone broth we had no chicken and it’s very expensive :cry:
I ate around 30% of the meal before I got really full and had to wait a bit to digest before slowly eating the rest of the meal. Took around 3 hours and 30 minutes to finish it all. Wow my stomach organ shrunk a lot XD

I think my weight is the same as yesterday because of the food in me weighing me and all the water I drank

3 Likes