7 day water fast

Goal Setting:
    Goal: I will complete a 7-day water fast.
    Start Date: July 28, 2023 End Date: August 5, 2023 (will continue if not within 5lbs to goal weight.)

Why:
    What is my core driving motivation behind this goal? 

Honestly, Im just tired of seeing 203lbs on the scale. Im tired of dreaming about being 180lbs, which is my ideal weight. I miss being thin, strong and flexible. Being 180lbs will make starting to strength train easier so I’m not building muscle under layers of fat. I want to run with my kids and not be afraid of getting hurt. I feel like the heavier I get the lazier I get. I’m only getting older and that scares me. My health and body are definitely feeling worse as days pass by, but when Im at a lower weight in more compelled to exercise and wake up feeling better in the morning because I make healthier choices. When I’m done with this fast I want to focus less on losing weight and more on maintaining a healthy weight and diet.

Fear Setting:

My biggest fear with this fast is not completing it. Im tired of setting goals and not going through with them. If I cant control this weight my blood pressure is only gonna get worse. I could die if I don’t finish this fast. It’s do or die a slow painful death… The hypertension will get stronger until it becomes unbearable. The stress you feel because of it will make you yell and scream till the point that your family won’t take it anymore and they’ll leave you. If I don’t achieve this goal the pain will get worse. My wife will be disappointed in my resolve to not finish things. Everyone I know will see me as a failure. I will be disappointed in myself among other things.

Pain/Pleasure Principle:

When I finish these 7 days I’m gonna break my fast with tasty broth. Then after a couple days cook an entire rotisserie chicken and eat it with my favorite buffalo sauce. The look on my wife’s face will be of awe of my new found body and willpower to finish the goal. I want to make her and myself proud. I want to see the smile on my kids face when I’m able to run for longer time at the playground with them. Most important I can’t wait for the feeling of waking up on day 7, smelling my wife’s broth recipe in the air, looking in the mirror and seeing a different man, and hearing the sweet compliments of friends and family. To cast aside the dreams of the past and focus on the future, that will be a nice feeling.

I see this fast as an exciting and fun challenge. It is not a time of deprivation but a opportunity to grow.

Weight and Photo Record:
    My weight today is: 203lbs and I will be 180lbs, whether it takes 7 or 14 days, I will get there.
1 Like

Day 2: Align with Your Inner Purpose

I've been thinking about my why and inner motivations for starting this fast. A lot of it comes back to being more attractive. I feel as if I want more from myself than my current self is providing. I think I'm narcissistic but I don't really care, I value beauty, health, and vitality. It's not really about Jesus or the Buddha for me, but they are a motivating and inspiring figure for me that I look up to, but I think we hold separate values.

Also feel free to leave a comment, I’m open to building a support network and supporting others on a similar journey.

I also want to say thank you to my wife for being so supportive during this journey, I’m truly grateful for her help thus far. She wants the best for me and wants me to live the longest happiest life I can. Continuing this fast will put me in the position to do just that. I likely won’t die prematurely due to a heart condition or high blood pressure.

Weight today: 200
    Changes or insights about my physical or emotional state: Feeling motivated and ready to make a change in my life. It looks like my bellys already looking thinner.