40 Fast : Starting New Year's Resolution Early

Hi all! I’ve tried a 40 day fast a few times, but generally had some excuse to break it.
My last fast lasted 8 days; I’ll be keeping a journal on here and keep it updated with daily entries.

Why am I doing this:

• Test my will
  • Detox body before going into a low-meat diet
  • Cut down on some fat

I started the fast at 12:00AM December 11th, 2022 (today). I will be ending the fast at 12:00AM January 20th, 2023.

2 Likes

Fantastic!! I love this site. Any time someone writes, “I’m ready to start…” It’s exciting!! All the best I’ll always read whatever you write.

1 Like

Day 1 completed, 18 hours into day 2 now.

I spent the day working and restarted work on an old project that I dropped years ago.
Poo’d out a good bit, seems like intestines are clearing out.
I’m killing my urge to get popeyes fried chicken x.x

42Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~4.4% done

2 Likes

Ah, a fellow fast food junkie. Enjoy all the money you’re saving from skipping the deep fried breading. Yesterday I bought two tee shirts from my gym. They had a unique image on them, so I got them with the money I saved passing the Burger King I used to visit nearly everyday.

2 Likes

I need to fast the rest of the week. I have to beat what I weighed last Christmas (which wasn’t bad, wasn’t good). So I am fasting with you for day 2 through Saturday

Here’s what I can do for now through NYE:
Water Fast Dec 13-17 (OMAD evening of 17th/hosting family from out of state)
Water Fast Dec 18-25 (OMAD Christmas lunch at my brother’s)
Water Fast Dec 26-31 (might have champagne depends if I stay up!)

I am gearing up for 2023. I bought Gin Stephens Fasting Journal and my goal for 2023 is to keep my eating window short and sweet every day, or WF when I feel I need it.

I appreciate Talk2Me’s willingness to just step on the scale for the sake of a data point. I need to get over living and dying by the scale’s reading!

2 Likes

You sure write like you know your way around the fasting topic. I’ll be happy to read what you write, for sure. Such specific feeding windows. I LOVE it. Will be watching to see if that’s the way to go. I’m still very simplistic about this stuff. Honestly, fasting suites me right now because I have a bad relationship with food. Terrible, in fact.
Also, I love weighting in the morning. For me, nothing gives me accountability like this stupid little scale. I might grow beyond it some day. I’m a lifer. :smirk::+1:

1 Like

Day 2 completed, 22 hours into day 2 now.

I spent the day working, felt more present than usual.
Didn’t really have any food cravings today, some grumbling in my stomach, but nothing crazy.
Woke up with a terrible taste in my mouth and awful breath, which was expected, but that doesn’t make it any better.
Carbonated water is helping me with my need for some kind of texture in my mouth.
I haven’t yet started using my electrolyte mix; I want to let my body empty out first.

70Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~7.3% done

It’s great to see others enthusiastic about fasting, it’s brightening up my experience :relaxed:

1 Like

Your body is so happy you’re doing this. Blood sugar low. Insulin low and getting lower every day. Nice.

1 Like

Day 3 completed, 21 hours into day 4 now

I watched some food videos and was craving some meaty dishes. Didn’t cave :slight_smile:
Pretty okay day overall, didn’t feel any hunger, and I’m not constantly thinking about food; that’s a nice difference from the previous times I’ve fasted.
I’ve been thinking about my relationship with my career and the clarity of mind I have right now is really helping.
I’m grateful that I’m fasting now, of all times, when I’m making changes in my life that I feel are more in line with my dreams.

93Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~9.7% done

1 Like

Thanks! I’m really curious as to how I will behave with salt and sugar after this fast. I’m not much of a sweet tooth, but I’m sure there’s tons of sugar in nearly everything I don’t cook myself; and I eat out a lot!
Definitely looking forward to all the saving on DoorDash :smiley:

1 Like

It’s nice of you to tell us how it’s going. Some fasters are trying to completely forget that they’re fasting, so talking about it frustrates them. But a day of low blood sugar, low insulin, lowering blood pressure has such a healing effect on their body it’s hard to keep it to themselves. :trophy:

1 Like

Day 4 completed, 20 hours into day 5

I’ve been watching food challenges. A part of me wants the donut, but I know I rarely every enjoy them as much as I think I will in my head.
I felt somewhat tired today, but chugging water has helped keep me sated. Previously, I would drink herbal or root teas, but just chugging water seems to feel much better.
Been thinking about the habits I want to keep and what I need to cut out during this fast.

116Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~12.1% done :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, a large part of me writing this down is to track the day to day progress, partly in numbers, partly in seeing my mental hurdles; plus I can read through all this when I’m done and I think that’ll feel awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks for staying tuned!

1 Like

Day 5 completed, 19 hours into day 6

I’ve been very tired today. I’m tempted to start my electrolyte mix, but I’m going to wait and see how I feel.
I’ve been listening to David Goggins and that’s been grounding me.
Just zoning out on TV, video games, and books.
So happy it’s finally the weekend

139Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~14.5% done

1 Like

Day 6 completed, 18 Hours into day 7

Woke up tired, so I had a scoop of Re-lyte flavorless electrolyte mix with a glass of water this morning.
Just relaxed most of the day. Really been thinking about my goals after this and my relationship with the modern American diet.
The hunger pangs don’t bother me anymore, I just chug some water and feel fine.
I’ve been doing some basic yoga and I started poo’ing again; I guess the compression must be squeezing out what’s left.

162Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~16.9% done

1 Like

I don’t know how old you are but I bet your blood pressure must be awesome. When Fasters evacuate they tend to release a lot of water with it. That water, I’m told, comes directly from our blood, which loses volume quickly. This is reflected in lower blood pressure readings. :tada:Cheers

1 Like

Day 7 completed, 18 hours into day 8

I’ve been going through periods of high energy and low energy today. Lots of napping.
Didn’t have any food cravings and the occasional stomach grumblings are starting to feel like a badge of honor.
Taking my electrolytes and trying to keep myself busy.

186Hrs completed out of 960Hrs : ~19.4% done

I just turned 29. Thanks for the info on the blood volume! That makes a lot of sense; I’ve been wondering more about how our stools are affected (I pay close attention to my stool).

With a name like Prunes4u, how could you not?

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes