21 days waterfasting starting midnight 1 february

Hello all,
Going for a 21 water fast starting on the first of february.

I am a male in my 40s and water fasting for mental clarification and overall hormonal health, as well as fastforwarding weight loss, in order to gain lean muscle in the immediate period after fasting. Hoping for increased insulin sensitivity and balancing hormonal health. Also seeking mental and spiritual intensification in order to overcome some emotional blocks. I have fasted before up to 10 days. I need to stay productive and creative during the fast, and withstand stressful demands and deadlines. So this will be quite the challenge and an experiment in self-discipline. Wish me luck on my journey!

I am 176 cm (5’9) and 82 kg (180lbs) and waist 98 cm (38.6 inches)

I will join this journey with you. I’m currently 5’1 and 138lbs and I have always struggled with food. I want to try a two day fast and see how it goes from there.

1 Like

Started the journey 2nd of february 15:00, so into my second day. Excersised this morning, lighter version of my resistance training, and 10 minutes running. Making sure I get all the electrolytes: Himalayan salt (2 tsp) sipped through day, mineral tablet that includes iodine (important, because it is not in Himalayan salt), 2x200 mg magnesium citrate, 4x750 mg extended release potassium tablets (eq. of 40 mmol).

Energy is good, hunger cravings are medium and not disturbing.

Had to break fast because of covid related issues. Restarted.

Go Champ !!! 50+ yo old bloke here, also going for 21 days…I’ve found in the past that if i can get past 4/5 days, by day ten, i’m on a fasting high and feel unstoppable ! so i reckon if you’ve made it to 10 before, you got the ability to do 21…start thinking /planning all the good stuff you gonna include in your life afterwards, i’ve found it helps… all the best…

1 Like

Hi Henry. I think that the guy you replied to posted in February of last year. But, I am also middle aged and have done some shorter fasts (2/3 day) but am want to go longer. Any advice you may have will be appreciated.