21 day water fast Aug 6-Aug 27, 2020

Hey guys I am doing a 21 day water fast starting today, Aug 6, 2020. I am going to start fasting after lunch. Let me know if you guys want to join!

6 Likes

Good luck! Please keep us posted! I love hearing about everyone’s experiences

1 Like

Will do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greetings,
I will be fasting right along with you. I am on day one of this third, consecutive 21 day fast. I mean business, LOL! I did 5-7 day refeeds in between fasts, and as of today, am starting the third 21 day water fast. I wish us all so much success! Happy Fasting.

4 Likes

Hi Waterwarrior! I started my 21 day yesterday at 330 pm. I am calling today my day 2. I will refeed on my 22 and day for a full 21 day fast. So far I feel just fine. Energy levels are normal. The issue I have been running into the last handful of fasts, is that after the 48 hour mark, I get SUPER irritated when having to make food for my “starving” family. Due to COVID/quarantine/homeschooling etc, I am having to cook more than I ever have in my life. I do enjoy cooking, but three times a day, 7 days a week, all the cleaning, prep, etc, just wipes me out. And then i get so pissed I expended all that energy for people who really are not starving, but bored and conditioned to think they have to have three meals a day lol. To safe guard against this, I have prepared my family for weeks that I WILL BE COMPLETING my 21 day fast and that I will not be doing ALL the cooking.

5 Likes

I’m fortunate not to have to cook for anyone else while fasting, but if I did have to, I think I would have made a whole bunch of casseroles to put in the freezer ahead of time. Then I’d let them make their own sandwiches or heat up a can of soup for lunch and eat a carton of yogurt for breakfast.

4 Likes

I did buy a bunch of easy to prepare foods for this week. Even with that, I will still have to cook daily, I’m just trying to get it to once a day as opposed to three times a day lol. Right now I am about to make pancakes. Even while not fasting, pancakes is not something I eat, so no temptation there. It’s the bacon and eggs that gets me :wink:

How are you feeling today?

4 Likes

Are you familiar with the Crock-Pot? It’ll have dinner done for you!

1 Like

Haha! Yes. That was what was used for lunch today…chicken noodle soup. I haven’t figured out how to get it to chop up the carrots and celery though :thinking:. For dinner I just picked up a veggie Papa Murphy’s pizza. That will also take care of lunch tomorrow (left overs). Oatmeal won’t be hard for breakfast. Maybe I’ll just dona crock pot of beans for dinner tomorrow.

Hey!!! Are you coming back for the challenges yet? You have your credit - let’s go! :kissing_heart:

Hey! That is awesome. How is it going so far?
Good luck to you too. Happy fasting :slight_smile:

Hey Rebecca! I know fasting and cooking can be so hard at least the initial days of fasting until you get over the hump. We can do this. Mind over matter!!
Hope you are going strong!
I started a bit late, so I am on day 3. I am doing okay. just a bit tired.

1 Like

Yes! Day one done. I feel really good too. I have such a strong motivator…the epic family reunion. Last time I saw everyone, I was pretty smokin’ lol. This was 7 years ago. I was 28, hadn’t had my third baby, just finished losing those 100 pounds. Now I am 35, going on 36 (up about 15 pounds from my lowest weight). For whatever reason, so much of my family thinks that one should be all fat and tired after 30. Well, not this mama! Hahaha! I imagine the comments they will make and that is very motivating. It’s like at the end of this fast, I will enter my big debut of my new self. I have a huge family, so this reunion is a big deal because EVERYONE will be there.

1 Like

Hi Waterwarrior, I am glad you are doing good. I restarted my 21 day clock. I already had a plan to start August 14th and go until the family reunion (Sept. 5th) making that 21 days. Anyway, those couple days fasting before my original start date still had benefits. Now I am on the real deal. No mess ups, or breaks or OMAD for me this time. My WHYS are finally enough to keep me going this time. The biggest why for my fast being that I want to look and feel my absolute best at this reunion! Are you in any of the fasting calls?