1st of July water fast challenge

I’m plannng on doing 21 days water fasting as well , I have started my fast at 01:00 am UK time so it’s day 1 for me. Hopefully I will lose the remainnng 13 kgs.

2 Likes

Hope everyone is feeling well! I’m over halfway through day 3, and starting to feel weak but also appreciating how my mind is becoming a bit more clear. My family has expressed some dismay at my decision to fast through the holiday weekend, but I’m excited and feeling great about the decision— I hope they’ll understand.

Hope you all have a nice holiday weekend! Stay strong, if you want to. :blush::tada:

4 Likes

Yeah, day 3 is when your glycogen reserve get exhausted and you get into ketosis.
I usually add a teaspoon of sea salt in 1 gallon of water and drink that as well as taking a multivitamin

The first time I did an extended fast taking a mineral supplement helped me a lot

Fab

2 Likes

Joining a couple days late but have been fasting since the first and am planning on going 21 days! Also not my first fast. 16 days has been my longest.

I’ve been on this forum for over a year. This will be the first time joining an accountability group other than the zoom calls :blush: I NEVER am on Facebook and am so thrilled to have this option!

Tess

3 Likes

Joining late here. Today is my 2nd day of my 21 day water fast. Happy to be connected here and motivate each other

3 Likes

Hope everyone is doing well!

I broke my fast over the weekend; a combination of exhaustion (lots of hard work outside in the hot afternoon hours this weekend, helping loved ones with house/yard projects), female hormones, and the glycogen crash ~3 days into the fast. I understand why I decided to eat, and I’m still committed to fasting this month. Re-starting my 21 day fast today, and am looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

1 Like

Welcome back Jewell! For me 4th to 6th day are bad mainly because ketones spike really high and it takes a bit to get acquainted to it. Especially the lack of sleeping is annoying but with some magnesium and reducing caffeine after 12pm I get by

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, @fabryxy! Do you find your sleep becomes more normal as you continue past 6 days, or do you just get more accustomed to disrupted sleep? :grin:

Starting today, aiming for 21 days.
204 lbs.

2 Likes

Almost 48hours in… Going to keep checking in and see if I can hop on everyone’s momentum :grin:

2 Likes

21 hours in! Starting late here, I hope to make it 21 days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Usually from day 3 to 6 or 7 I have a little trouble staying asleep. I mitigate that with Melatonin and Magnesium. From day 8 or 9 I sleep a little better and I do require less hours then usual.

2 Likes

17 hours in! oh my, I honestly will be fortunate to see day two. Progress is progress! If anyone would like to share how they weather the first couple days, that’d be awesome! Best wishes, all :two_hearts:

6 Likes

Hope you all have been able to stick with the water fast. Can you share your ketones level after day 3?
Thank you

Hi all. Just a quick update from my side.
Still fasting and is getting easier. Hunger pains were gone for a while and now even psychologically is much easier to handle. The worst days for me were the first 6/8 days until my electrolytes found their new homeostasis.

I do take mutivitamin and electrolytes every morning and melatonin and magnesiu to sleep.
Twice a week I take fisetin and quercetin

My ketones level stabilized around 6.

Hope you all are doing great

Fab

2 Likes

This is a great uplifting thread! Joining late but starting today. Good luck to everyone else! :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like