100 days fast may 2024

Hi All i am starting 100 day fast today which is 1st of may 2024 i have tried to attempt this before but not been successful . I am 69.55 kilos or 153 lbs I am wanting to get down to a size 12 or 55 kilos which is 121lbs.
I am wanting to do exercise at the gym 3 days a week and please pray for me that i will open my bowels i am worried iw on’t and also pray for me that ill reverse my type 2 diabeties and cataracts, i am only 43. I might make this a prater and fast.
Here are some pics of me before and after ill try add them weekly.

Hello,

I would like to join you!

Yes! You can do it. Greetings from Finland.
I hope you don’t mind if I add the basic info I compiled for myself as it is essential for anyone starting water fasting.
I have done water fasting many times successfully. 40 days seems to be optimal.
There is 4 week transition before start as well another 4 weeks transition to a new life style after the last day.
That makes about 70 days total time for curing tens of diseases.
The time of giving up fasting should be the beginning of a new lifestyle.
Even before you start the whole thing, you should have an very good idea how your new life style will look like.
Otherwise everything goes back to same challenge.
On top of the handling the fasting period you need mental resources to change the life style.
Tath is why scientific knowledge about ketosis really helps a lot.
Some previous experience of wrestling some form of addiction successfully is very helpful as that
new life style is all about dealing with sugar addiction. That means no sugar in any form for the rest of the life.
It is the same attitude as no smoke or no alcohol. No walking under truck.
So basic info (contemplation map) how I did it:
The first goal means 0 g of carbs. Multivitamins and electrolytes are must to have already at hand.

If you come from diabetes type 2 I would recommend gradual transition from carbs to using eggs, fish, beef and 0 carbs during two weeks.
Otherwise, you can concretely and truly pass out, that is, collapse on the floor. For some time I almost passed out in the morning when you got out of bed.
The feeling of fainting in the morning is completely natural and will pass after a few minutes.
Every day it gets easier until it does not happen at all.
Faints have never come back so there is a long term effect of water fasting.
I bet that initial fainting feel is due to insulin resistance still conquering cells over the fat adaptation.

Idea is first to give body a chance to adapt to situation without carbs,
still intaking normal energy content like 2000kcal from fat and protein.
First eat only two times at 45 minutes windows and then shift to only once a day.
Limited eating windows is essential to cells to learn to be more responsive to insulin.
When you are achieved 0 carbs but still eating normal calorie amount
then shift to plain eggs for next 2 weeks during with count them down to zero until the day where
your actual water fast starts. So fade out calorie intake in two weeks.
This transition time is good time to gather some more power to make it happen with kognitive support.
You might want to study with Sten Ekberg’s Youtube videos to get kognitive support.
To start with search for " What Happens When You’re In Ketosis" from Sten’s channel.
Water fasting equals ketosis.
At 3 weeks mark starts the best part of water fasting.
Brain gets clear and physical performance has been fully adapted and feels normal.
It is because the brain has changed the fuel from sugar to 50% b-hydroxybutyrate(substance made by liver and kidneys because of no sugar).
New information challenges also the claim that brain is not using fats. It well might. We know that
the human brain is nearly 60 percent fat. DHA omega 3 supplement is very safe bet to support brain function during fasting.
Ketosis (induced by water fasting) gives the opportunity to cure diabetes type 2(i.e. insulin resistance)
because energy balance of cells is less dependent on insulin administrated by pancreas.
At 3 week mark of water fasting body has switched fully to natural survival mode.
You don’t need to worry about any bone things as the body goes into totally different survival mode
and recycles and rebuilds all the needed molecules - as it does normally too but less efficiently.
Survival mode recycling is so effective that world record of water fasting is 382 days happened in the 1970s.
It was 200kg man fasting down to 80kg. My experience is that starting from 83kg it is possible to loose fat 200-250g per day.
Loosing weight is not the main goal but to cure diabetes type 2 is.
It is important to take physically easy. After initial hardness(sugar addiction fight) the long walks are very much welcome.
I try to put on an image which is from a research paper from 1969
as they were able to measure the b-hydroxybutyrate directly from bloodstream of 11 obese fasting people.
They fasted 40 days. The name of the paper already says a lot,
because the liver and kidneys together make a magic substance meant only for the brain called b-hydroxybutyrate:
Liver and kidney metabolism during prolonged starvation
This is where it can be found: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/5773093/
Anyone considering water fasting should have that background knowledge to be able to contemplate the time they are going to fast.
Here is the core of the paper where you can see that full survival mode (triangles reach the plateau) kicks in at the day 24:

1 Like