Seasonal Affective Disorder - S.A.D - 7 TIPS ON HOW TO COPE!

CLICK HERE for today’s email blast if you haven’t received it:

Make sure you click “subscribe” at the top so you get the emails, and add fastforwardtohealth@gmail.com to your contact list (or else it might go straight to spam/junk mail)

7 TIPS on HOW TO COPE WITH S.A.D - SEASONAL AFFECTIVE DISORDER without food!

SAD%20GOOD

Do you suffer from the Winter Blues?

S.A.D: Seasonal Affective Disorder

A lot of people suffer from the winter blues when the days get shorter, colder and darker and there’s less sunlight outside! Some people also suffer from S.A.D which is Seasonal Affective Disorder which is when you start feeling down.

It can affect your mood, your energy levels, make everything more dreadful around this time of year, and for our group it’s important because a lot of us are emotional eaters so we often turn to food as a coping mechanism.

2785cfa8-794c-4cd8-814d-b191280c68ee

Why is it important?

The reason why being aware of the winter blues and S.A.D is because once we are aware we can understand that there is no particular reason we are sad, and we can take the steps necessary to cope with this feeling. Knowing and understanding is the first step to healing.

2124c6e2-c8b1-4852-93c5-88e24a86ddd3

Emotional Eating
The reason I wanted to address the winter blues in this group is because a LOT of us are emotional eaters. When we get sad, happy, bored, stressed, you name it - we often turn to food.

This being said it’s important to have other tools as a coping mechanism this year in order to deal with winter blues, S.A.D and overall emotional eating so we don’t get in the habit of self-sabotaging and backtracking on our weight loss goals.

Tip: Remember, the key tip to remember is that weight loss always starts with a change in MINDSET! It’s all mental!

If you need a little more 1:1 support & accountability, feel free to check out the new 5 tiers that I set up on Patreon.

My strongest defense for winter blues is outdoor activity, several times per week. Since I began cross-country skiing (20 years ago), I’ve really learned to enjoy being outside in the winter. This winter has been more about snowshoeing, but just as fun.
Getting some sun on my face, and some fresh air through my lungs, really makes me feel alive, even when it’s cold out. Staying indoors for extended periods is the worst thing I can do for myself in winter.

3 Likes

Yes! I couldn’t agree more!!

I ice skate and snowboard and ski etc but have not been this year yet so that’s a main issue!

If I dress up warm and go outside it’s better!

Well, we now have plenty of snow to shovel, so there is that, :smiley:

1 Like