Gabby's Journal

This is my fourth day fasting, but my first journal entry.

My big “why” as to what made me want to do this is back in 2015 I went on a birth control which caused me to gain about 45 lbs over the span of just two months. Nothing I have tried to do by way of diet and exercise since has resulted in any weight loss for me. Nothing except fasting. Back in September I did my first fast which lasted 11 days and it was the lowest weight I’ve been in years, I was so happy I knew I wanted to complete another fast, but hopefully a longer one this time. This is what I am trying to accomplish now. I NEED to get back to feeling like myself again, fitting into my own clothes, not being uncomfortable just walking around and existing. This is the only way I know works.

My short term goal is to complete a water fast for the whole month of January and my long term goal is to then implement Keto and/or OMAD to be able to sustain the weight loss I accomplish. I also want to implement more exercise into my daily regimen.

My biggest struggle is my massive food addiction and my abuse of food as a means of making myself feel “better” or “happy”. I have always eaten emotionally and used food more as a drug than as sustenance. But it only makes me feel happy for about ten seconds and then I hate myself afterwards.

Right now, on day four, I am feeling very lethargic and weak. Anytime I stand up or move around I quickly become EXHAUSTED and need to sit down. I know this will go away based on the last time I fasted so I’m not too worried. Yesterday was my hardest in terms of cravings so far.

Once I have achieved this goal, I can’t even really imagine the level of happiness I would feel. I would be back to being the person I used to be and that is priceless. It would literally be a dream come true, especially if I can sustain it afterwards.

3 Likes

Congratulations on your previous success. You have a good chance of attaining your goal as “having done it before” will help motivate you in times of adversity.

For myself, before I began fasting I decided to break my carb/sugar addiction first. Because from research I found that the biggest people failed to achieve their goals via fasting was succumbing to cravings or binging during ReFeeds. I’m also going to notify one of our senior members who might be better to help you regarding the mental aspects of food addiction. @Anna

Anyway here’s the YouTube video that started it all for me:

Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thank you so much!!! Yes I love Penn’s story too! I read his book! Thank you for the support! :grin:

1 Like

Hi Gabby! I’m glad you joined the forum!
If you’re interested, we have been posting a bit in this forum about food addiction and binge eating through this link

Feel free to ask any questions, we’re here to help each other out!
Wish you the best! :muscle::sparkles:

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is very useful! I will investigate! :heart:

1 Like